Huge Fire In London

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The palace is long overdue an upgrade. Money well spent. Its the heart of British culture.   Lets count up how much has been spent on minorities from daft grants and commuinty projects. Oh and let

It will go like this, they will all get given state of the art housing and a cold fortune found to do it all because of the demographic of that area. Same as when poor little Damilola Taylor was stab

I'd rehome them, back in the shit holes they came from.

Posted Images

Fcuking brilliant & absolutely bang on!

He's my only non- hunting YouTube subscription - guys a genius !

Nobody can rant like Pie !

I have to admit he is new to me, discovered on here last week......I love it when someone cuts through the bullshit so eloquently & can make you laugh!

• Like 1

What about Newham?.......packed to the rafters with oddmarks and a labour stronghold ?

Didn't mention how they sold off the flats, gave all the darkies a chunk towards their mortgage and shipped them all off to Essex to lay waste to my old area?

Those flats are now all redeveloped.....with guess what?........more flats, except these are nicer and are private!

I sort of agree with the sentiment of that video but it's so one sided it's a joke........

Newham has flats coming out of its f***ing ears all done in the exact same cladding.......

Corbyn is saying now that the government should just take empty private property and give it to the residents of Grenfell!!!.....f***ing what??......take something somebody had to work for and just give it to load of somalians or something!

f***ing new labour Tories are no better, bunch of f***ing arse holes.

I don't mind reading all this political shite, but at least be honest about it !

• Like 3

What about Newham?.......packed to the rafters with oddmarks and a labour stronghold ?

Didn't mention how they sold off the flats, gave all the darkies a chunk towards their mortgage and shipped them all off to Essex to lay waste to my old area?

Those flats are now all redeveloped.....with guess what?........more flats, except these are nicer and are private!

I sort of agree with the sentiment of that video but it's so one sided it's a joke........

Newham has flats coming out of its f***ing ears all done in the exact same cladding.......

Corbyn is saying now that the government should just take empty private property and give it to the residents of Grenfell!!!.....f***ing what??......take something somebody had to work for and just give it to load of somalians or something!

I don't mind reading all this political shite, but at least be honest about it !

Do you think he was going to mention all that in a 3 min sketch? Haha.....No one is saying it tells the whole story, he rips in to labour as well, don't worry.....

He can be equally scathing about Labour !

• Like 1

To blame contractor is bollocks .In my game every stage is checked by building control .Nothing is closed in until passed to do so .Materials cannot be used that do not have a British standard .The designer is at fault as is the manufacturer of the materials .

foxropper.After I read about the fire and how it spread. I looked up the British Standards including those for fire Sprinklers. I didn't imagine at the time that such a building wouldn't be sprinkled you see. Your standards are hard to understand and have language that is less than precise.

I realize this was a tragedy but I'd like to add one more observation. The policy of "staying put" which we call shelter in place, is common enough. But it's dependent on fire rated construction, fully sprinkled buildings, and a functioning fire alarm system.

Again, I'm sorry for your troubles and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Fukc me you must be a bundle of fun .......

I hate fun.

Edited by Mickey Finn
  • Like 1

Council sidelined in Grenfell Tower response as leader refuses to quit

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/18/council-leader-nick-paget-brown-grenfell-tower-response

Kensington and Chelsea council has been relieved of responsibility for taking care of the survivors of the Grenfell Tower disaster. The work is being handed over to a new Grenfell fire response team, made up of representatives from central government, the British Red Cross, the Metropolitan police, London-wide local and regional government and the London fire brigade.

The move comes as the Conservative leader of Kensington and Chelsea, Nick Paget-Brown, resisted calls to resign in the face of mounting criticism over the chaos and paralysis that have gripped the council in the wake of the disaster. The response team will provide 24-hour access to services and support at the Westway sport and fitness centre. Help and advice are to be provided with housing, funds, health, social care and food.

Eleanor Kelly, the chief executive of Southwark council, said: We want to make clear that whilst the emergency and local community response was nothing short of heroic, we know that the initial response was simply not good enough on the ground. People are angry, and rightfully so. Our focus is now on ensuring those affected are being cared for and looked after.

Housing is our main priority. We will organise and speed up the rehousing process. We are currently working with those affected households to establish what their housing need is. As you can appreciate, this takes time.

By the end of Monday, we aim to have contacted all known families affected by the fire and completed an assessment of what they need. The latest information we have is that 201 households have received emergency accommodation to date, of which 113 are homeless.

The British Red Cross, which has been involved since Wednesday, has a team of more than 60 volunteers to provide help. They will help distribute donations and meet grieving relatives as they arrive at airports.

Kelly said: There is nothing we can say that will blunt the feeling of loss and anger. But what I hope the new team and this package of support will start to get those affected by this tragedy the urgent assistance from the authorities they need.

Opposition councillors are angry at the way council leaders appeared to freeze when confronted by a disaster on the scale of the fire. They said they were kept in the dark and repeatedly given incorrect assurances that accommodation had been found for residents. The Conservative-led administration had failed to return calls from neighbouring councils offering to provide accommodation and other help, the councillors said.

Utterly shameful response from the leaders of the local council, if they've any decency they'll be handing in their letters of resignation first thing Monday morning.

Council sidelined in Grenfell Tower response as leader refuses to quithttps://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/18/council-leader-nick-paget-brown-grenfell-tower-response

Kensington and Chelsea council has been relieved of responsibility for taking care of the survivors of the Grenfell Tower disaster. The work is being handed over to a new Grenfell fire response team, made up of representatives from central government, the British Red Cross, the Metropolitan police, London-wide local and regional government and the London fire brigade.

The move comes as the Conservative leader of Kensington and Chelsea, Nick Paget-Brown, resisted calls to resign in the face of mounting criticism over the chaos and paralysis that have gripped the council in the wake of the disaster. The response team will provide 24-hour access to services and support at the Westway sport and fitness centre. Help and advice are to be provided with housing, funds, health, social care and food.

Eleanor Kelly, the chief executive of Southwark council, said: We want to make clear that whilst the emergency and local community response was nothing short of heroic, we know that the initial response was simply not good enough on the ground. People are angry, and rightfully so. Our focus is now on ensuring those affected are being cared for and looked after.

Housing is our main priority. We will organise and speed up the rehousing process. We are currently working with those affected households to establish what their housing need is. As you can appreciate, this takes time.

By the end of Monday, we aim to have contacted all known families affected by the fire and completed an assessment of what they need. The latest information we have is that 201 households have received emergency accommodation to date, of which 113 are homeless.

The British Red Cross, which has been involved since Wednesday, has a team of more than 60 volunteers to provide help. They will help distribute donations and meet grieving relatives as they arrive at airports.

Kelly said: There is nothing we can say that will blunt the feeling of loss and anger. But what I hope the new team and this package of support will start to get those affected by this tragedy the urgent assistance from the authorities they need.

Opposition councillors are angry at the way council leaders appeared to freeze when confronted by a disaster on the scale of the fire. They said they were kept in the dark and repeatedly given incorrect assurances that accommodation had been found for residents. The Conservative-led administration had failed to return calls from neighbouring councils offering to provide accommodation and other help, the councillors said.

Utterly shameful response from the leaders of the local council, if they've any decency they'll be handing in their letters of resignation first thing Monday morning.

From the tone and phraseology of the quoted piece, I'm guessing you didn't lift that from the Daily Mail ?

• Like 1

Council sidelined in Grenfell Tower response as leader refuses to quit https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/18/council-leader-nick-paget-brown-grenfell-tower-response

From the tone and phraseology of the quoted piece, I'm guessing you didn't lift that from the Daily Mail ?
Did the link I posted to the full article in The Guardian not tip you off to where it came from? ;)

Here the Daily Mail's take on the story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4614938/Red-Cross-Grenfell.html

Edited by BGD

Seems the muslim labour mayor of london forgot about this little gem;

"Heard Nick Ross on R4 today reminding us that Khan himself as housing minister refused to retrofit sprinkler systems in tower blocks…something which Ross has apparently been campaigning for for years….he actually mentioned it on his Twitter feed a couple of days ago…"

Perhaps mr khan should do the decent thing and resign... I wont be holding my breath

You are joking mate it comes to something else getting his type to admit their in the wrong and resign .