Good Start On The Bucks.

These were taken at the start of the season and work has got in the way since then, so not really had the chance to get back out on them since.

I spotted a group of six bucks grazing in a small field way down on the land I was working. They were there at 8am without fail and then back out at 4pm. Just edging out from a small copse.

Wind in my favour and using the walls of cover got me within 120yds.

A long afternoon walk down and getting into position I thought I had missed the opportunity of this young buck. He was hidden in the shadow behind a wall. Happily grazing. Totally unawares. 100gr sent his way soon produced the first buck for the freezer.

post-13507-0-31678600-1497224938_thumb.jpg

Back on the job the next morning and there were just the pair grazing.

Same route down and into position behind the wall.

I took the older chap first with a chest shot. The younger buck darted but came back full circle in panic to where his pall had just dropped.

His brief stop and a sniff of the air saw him drop.

I had a busy day sorting them for the freezer

post-13507-0-52428000-1497224965_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to getting a bit of free time and dropping on a few more

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this one with my 223 while waiting for a fox , normally I can resist the temptation , but what the hell . Haven't had it measured yet , any thoughts anyone ?

Difficult with pictures but that looks good mate , recon that could be medal class .

• Like 1

Cheers pal , I'm not really into shooting deer that much , I get more pleasure taking someone out for a stalk who is really keen . I've got a mate / client who has been after a medal munty for a while . I know my patch holds good heads but it's a total lottery if I can get him on one . With the roe it's no problem in the rut . But the muntjac here don't seem to stick to one spot very long and are very secretive . There is a lot of dense woodland and you've just got to sit it out on a ride .I sent him this picture to piss him off.

• Like 3