Filthy Winged Rats

This is more pest control than hunting. Like shooting fish in a barrel but a cull non the less.

The job was clearing the pigeons from the loft of an old building in a town centre. Sitting shooting and crawl space only through a good six inch of crap in places.

Full Haz mat suits. Masks and gloves. It was minging.

We spent a good couple of hours shooting and retrieving as we crawled through the shite and made our way down the loft. Blocking up the entry holes on the way.

post-13507-0-67002500-1497222990_thumb.jpg

There were old cooling fans situated throughout the centre of the loft and it was a dirty tight squeeze to get past.

You can see how thick the air was with dusty crap through the lamp beam. post-13507-0-96179700-1497222897_thumb.jpg

A bulk of the birds were culled close to the loft hatch as we entered. The rest we had to follow down to the end of the building. Stopping and picking a few off as we went

post-13507-0-46775500-1497222883_thumb.jpg

post-13507-0-39599400-1497222913_thumb.jpg

We finished on just over 120 plus the chicks.

Not an environment I want to be in too soon and not a job I'd wish upon anyone.

All shots had to be considered due to ricochet and risk of through shots hitting the slates and damaging the roof. Plus services. Electrical and water.

post-13507-0-19965100-1497222927_thumb.jpg

:thumbs:

Good for the eating. Feck that.

Ultra and R10. .22

Now. I would of liked that reply. But can't...

You can't eat the pigeons either as they were incinerated. But I will gladly send the next lot of dirty feckers down to you.

Fec that for a job mike , but I know you've got to do what you've got to do , I hope those masks were FFP3 ,

Fine fiber,

Atb mate

Im with David on this

we had enough in the barns on the 6500 acre farm 160 the first night 140 the second and so on

i wont even pick them up never mind eat them Rez

Viz did most of the shooting so viz picked them up DONT LIKE RATS OF ANY KIND WINGED OR NOT

TOP SHOOTING MOXY

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1