• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This fella below catches them in the winter..lol  

Bought a fishing kayak this year so hoping they turn up and stay for a while

If any you lads are ever over I'd take yas for a days macky bashing from a good mark

nice offer i used to do alot of fishing but haven,t done any in years only have a wee spinning rod

That's all you need mate, wack a couple of feathers on it and you're set.

All this fancy fishing gear is designed to catch fishermen and not fish :D

• Like 2

Was out on saturday and could see a couple of guys getting them on a boat. My casting from the rocks was falling short of the shoal by a hundred yards. Going to be higher tides this week so hopefully it should bring them in closer to shore.

Is there a way of finding out where they are or do you just cast and hope for the best

I was trying to get into the same shoal as the guys on the boat but fry bubbling on top of the water is a good indication and sometimes gulls catching wee fish, cast in the general direction and the mackeral and sea trout wont be far behind them. Most of the time it is cast and hope for the best. Fishing as the tide is coming is the best time for them I find. Iv never caught a mackeral at low tide from the shore.

• Like 1

Lads I'm working down bournmouth for a few been down on pier every night only thing that taken feathers so far was a cuttlefish just wondered if any know any good marks to try get a few as no one seems to be getting them on pier