Sign in to follow this  
sussex

Windy Day On The Corvids

Up and out early to have another go at the black birds , set up under an old dead oak and with a couple of young crows on the ff5's managed to knock down about 70 in a fairy brisk wind which see the birds coming in very low and slow ( my sort of shooting ) against the wind or from a good height dropping fast on to the pattern which did provide some really sporting birds , anyway picked these and lost another 9 or 10 ..good day ( unless you was a crow )

post-81636-0-64755100-1497019877_thumb.jpg

Oh and one pigeon that really I should have stuffed as they are like rocking horse sh.t at the moment round here ..

• Like 8

nice shooting a lot more corevids should be shot this time of year well done

i must start using spell checker as someone as pointed out corvides in capitals was spelt wrong

well done on t

he CORVIDS sussex i love dropping the with the superfast carts bud can anyone translate this for me

Edited by archiekale
  • Like 1

Well done a good days shooting.

good going mate great amount

• Like 1

A good bag you will find this time of year with a lot of young rooks about that decoying is a lot better but they soon get wise there is plenty of jackdaws which are dropping in the tram lines in the barley also rooks

Feltwad

A good bag you will find this time of year with a lot of young rooks about that decoying is a lot better but they soon get wise there is plenty of jackdaws which are dropping in the tram lines in the barley also rooks

Feltwad

Had a go over another place this morning , the trees were hanging black with them at quarter to five , I set the hide up and put the decoys out but unfortunately I couldn't get the right side of the wind and my only shot was across the corner of the wood as the bird cut across me left to right , managed to pick up 24 with at least another 8 falling back further into the wood that belongs to a rabid anti so where they fell they stayed , she had already been out at 7am shouting to tell me under no circumstances was I or my dog allowed on her land ..fcuking old trout , she looked like she'd slept the night in a ditch ..anyway tidy morning shooting some fast birds ..post-81636-0-93166900-1497185271_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Nice shooting mate , I think the know where the dead birds , may have been left , if I had been shooting there !

Atb

• Like 1

Nice shooting mate , I think the know where the dead birds , may have been left , if I had been shooting there !

Atb

No point Dave , she's as mad as a bucket of frogs and it only gives her ammo ..

• Like 1

Yea

Your write mate no point in giving any one a chance to come back at you ,

But a bucket of frogs , lol , nobody can that mad surely?

That really tickled me !

Atb pal

• Like 1