Show Us Ya Gundogs

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is still enjoying life as a pup but I think she will be a great dog, the wife thinks she is training her ha ha. Every time she goes out I am reinforcing recall and playing games with her lol

post-41687-0-42375700-1497890819_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I struggle putting pics on, had to get kids to do these image.jpg image.jpg

I couldn't think of a more boring dog to own then a lab but he is very nice fair play in good condition too.

The pointers are handy looking aswell.

Depends what you need from a dog , I need one to track deer , pick up game pigeon crows etc ..when I did a lot of rough shooting I worked spaniels ..were does boring come into it ? Unless your looking at big fat labs that waddle about doing nothing but then the same can be said for any dog ..

• Like 5

I always kept lurchers, terriers..when I got a lab(this is my first) I got him for retreiving birds, mainly ducks and geese,I brought him up no different to what I did them, bar the gundog training, sit ,stay, Hand commands etc ,I don't shoot rabbits, so didn't break the dog to ground game, Infact I encouraged it... I love watching him work up, bolt and course rabbits, he's put a fair few in the bag now, isn't the same as keeping a lurcher but keeps him fit, and me happy watching him run them... It hasn't affected his steadiness one bit either... As someone has said, a dog is what you what make... I also have a bischon x schnauzer ..... Loves ratting and bushing, not to a good terriers standard but good fun in the summer till the fowling starts

I suppose your right lads just one of them dogs I couldn't ever see myself with if they suit ya and keep yer happy then fair play it's not me who's gotta feed em and clean up after them. I can sort of understand I've got a French bulldog here it's the mrs let I hated the thing but will pick up a shot bird get on stuff with the lurchers and more than that is a cracking pet for me family will chase a ball all day good with kids and all that. Just used to seeing the fat labs as said and allways thought they weren't for me. But hen again i said the same about whippets until I see a couple owned by mates that changed me mind lol.

That one of yours is a cracker tho baz ?

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2

I suppose your right lads just one of them dogs I couldn't ever see myself with if they suit ya and keep yer happy then fair play it's not me who's gotta feed em and clean up after them. I can sort of understand I've got a French bulldog here it's the mrs let I hated the thing but will pick up a shot bird get on stuff with the lurchers and more than that is a cracking pet for me family will chase a ball all day good with kids and all that. Just used to seeing the fat labs as said and allways thought they weren't for me. But hen again i said the same about whippets until I see a couple owned by mates that changed me mind lol.

That one of yours is a cracker tho baz

With labs you have the show stock which tend to have wide heads and very thick tails, that's the kind you see most of the time and when overfed they look fat and horrible. You don't see working stock on the streets as pets, mine has Drakeshead and other working lines in him, he's kennel club registered and he was always very slim for a Lab, some shooting mates used to take the piss and say he was half whippet lol. His head is much thinner and he doesn't have that fat otters tail either.

Until he got a lot older (like 7 years old!) and started filling out a bit I would get asked a lot what kind of dog he was :icon_eek:

• Like 1