Dogs & Trapped Animals

When I get back from my holiday and go reset my live traps I'm planing on taking 1 of my dogs with me . I just fancy taking her down the woods daily with me. I have no will for her to be any kind of hunting dog it's just if I can take her for a hour down the traps it means it's one less dog to walk later on in the night and I'm sure she'll love it down there

Now my concern is as she has so hunting experience and never been around wild animals really I'm pretty sure when I have a squirell trapped she will go bonkers around the trap . She can be a bit "focused" on the ferret hutch if the ferret it running around playing so I'm sure that will be transferred to the woods with a trapped squirell. I'm asking for any ideas or ways of training her to be less over the top when she does eventually come face to face with a trapped squirell.

Few things I think might come into play in a negative or positive way .

She absolutely loves Kong squeaky balls . She'll do anything for one and loves one in her mouth squeaking it. She only has them when out chasing one in a field . It's not something she has all the time .

When she came to the Welsh game fair when the shotguns went off/backfire on clown car her tail went inbetween her legs and she squaled and we eventually left because she hated it so much and it was obvious she wasn't going to get used to it .

I'm not killing squirells with a shotgun but maybe a airgun might have same effect

Whatever happens I'll have her with me few times and see how it goes and see if I can work her right but before I do any help or tips will help me

Im sorry mate,the" backfiring clown car" comments killing me,ROFL....Take her with you but keep her on her lead,only way to find out what youre dealing with tbh When I take the lurcher out with me checking the mole traps he runs marker to marker now,empty one, hes already sat at the next.I know its different with live traps but she soon work it out