Has anybody built there own? If so which method did you use and how did it turn out? Also if you bought one instead, which one and again, how does it perform? I'm torn as they are quite expensive to buy but I do want one that gets to a high enough temperature to do proper pizzas.

Thanks lads

• Like 1

My brother has just bought an aldi one....think it's also a smoker. He loves it, makes some good pizzas. For £99 you can't go wrong...even if you just use it as a basis for building one at a later date

Bought a metal one from aldi for £99 but it's rained since I built it so not used it,lol

let us know how you get on with it ,been interested in getting on myself.

Build a dome frame with chicken wire and batton ... use clay for the oven and fire bricks for the base to keep heat .... light a wood fire inside and bring up to heat slowly ... that will temper and set the clay and will burn the frame inside leaving your clay pizza oven simples .......

• Like 1

Research your clay though ;)

i read one thing (might have been a river cottage thing?) that said just use whatever's the cheapest clay wise? Then do a second layer with a load of wood shavings mixed in for insulation, and then a final skim to make it look pretty lol

Research your clay though ;)

i read one thing (might have been a river cottage thing?) that said just use whatever's the cheapest clay wise? Then do a second layer with a load of wood shavings mixed in for insulation, and then a final skim to make it look pretty lol

Pay cheap, pay twice I was always taught ;)

• Like 1