Everyones Views

I.ve had bushing dogs since I could walk really .my dad bred Springer's for years and in that time I corrupted a good few of his highly trained dogs.when I got into my teens I realised full spaniels weren't for me .as I was by now 100% fox hunter.so I tried every type of X .over time I favoured anything with touch of beagle in .and even had full beagles.but sometimes they were a pain in arse .waiting for them to come back of the fells.I enjoy every Sunday out with our pack we have now. And we do have some honest little dogs .that will pack together on a Sunday but also hunt singlely.as all the gang own a dog or 2 each.and there is no better way to keep yourself and lurcher fit.what's everyone's else favourite X and why ?

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beagle X cookers. In my eyes will take some beating. Fast thorough and plenty of wind

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover.

Our next generation we have on now are a mix of the terrier cocker and beagle .so far so good .very biddable .easy to train and keen for work.

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover. They didn't seem to follow on more than a field or two after a missed fox so we ideal. Now we hunt for ourselves and bolt to lurchers I've brought in a bit of foxhound blood for marking so we get a bit of extra sport. But beagle x springer for me.

• Like 2

I have never had a purpose bred busher before I have always had gun dogs and used them for bushin with the lurchers.

But the 2 I have now which are out of foxpacks dog are a complete different ball game. Completely different style of bushin, and they will travel a good distance on scent already.

Went out Monday with the gps collars on and when they was on scent they traveled a good few miles, which is what I wanted to be fair after spending last few seasons with hounds.

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover. They didn't seem to follow on more than a field or two after a missed fox so we ideal. Now we hunt for ourselves and bolt to lurchers I've brought in a bit of foxhound blood for marking so we get a bit of extra sport. But beagle x springer for me.

Good springer beagle hard to beat in cover.good teagle hard to beat too but I had great luck with springer beagles.all of them hunted just a few were silent and a couple lazy to search but they won't all make it.

Just got a springer x beagle pup in ,he be about 4 month old steady pup listens to every thing a say very obedient for now , had terriers before him bushing few years back and they shit hot would find a needle in a hay stack no bother , but once they where on a scent line that was it gone for a while, but that was a good few years ago and now they gone and I missed the sound off the dogs pushing game out of the thick cover so gone for a more biddable type so fingers crossed ??