Everyones Views

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover. They didn't seem to follow on more than a field or two after a missed fox so we ideal. Now we hunt for ourselves and bolt to lurchers I've brought in a bit of foxhound blood for marking so we get a bit of extra sport. But beagle x springer for me.

Good springer beagle hard to beat in cover.good teagle hard to beat too but I had great luck with springer beagles.all of them hunted just a few were silent and a couple lazy to search but they won't all make it.
your right there. We'd a couple of mute ones aswell. Break your heart they would. The teagles I try steer clear tbh. We'd a few over the years who went aground. Most of the time they were to big and got stuck. So we'd end up digging them out half way up a tube. The ones that didn't drop were worth keepn. Just my opinion

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beagle X cookers. In my eyes will take some beating. Fast thorough and plenty of wind

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover.

Our next generation we have on now are a mix of the terrier cocker and beagle .so far so good .very biddable .easy to train and keen for work.

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover. They didn't seem to follow on more than a field or two after a missed fox so we ideal. Now we hunt for ourselves and bolt to lurchers I've brought in a bit of foxhound blood for marking so we get a bit of extra sport. But beagle x springer for me.

Good springer beagle hard to beat in cover.good teagle hard to beat too but I had great luck with springer beagles.all of them hunted just a few were silent and a couple lazy to search but they won't all make it.
your right there. We'd a couple of mute ones aswell. Break your heart they would. The teagles I try steer clear tbh. We'd a few over the years who went aground. Most of the time they were to big and got stuck. So we'd end up digging them out half way up a tube. The ones that didn't drop were worth keepn. Just my opinion
Ya we had a very good teagle a few years ago,hunt away all day and you could dig her every time too,which was handy some days.ive a old springer beagle dog here will cold mark like a foxhound but he won't try go in he much too big anyway,he gets us a fair few that way every season.

Before even contemplating owning a bushing jukel it should be clearly understood that its far more difficult to restrict any dog from bushing than it is to own a useful bushing companion,any dog will bush and ratch about and plenty of them will do it to a decent enough standard.Terrain and intended quarry species should be the only consideration when searching for another kennel filler.If you wish to bush tight cover at pace go for a terrier based busher,if you intend to bush far more open countryside go for something that can cover vast areas better than the average terrier, source a Beagle or hound combination,if you wish to cover all your options source a Terrier/Beagle or a Beddy bred mongrel.

Edited by morton

Before even contemplating owning a bushing jukel it should be clearly understood that its far more difficult to restrict any dog from bushing than it is to own a useful bushing companion,any dog will bush and ratch about and plenty of them will do it to a decent enough standard.Terrain and intended quarry species should be the only consideration when searching for another kennel filler.If you wish to bush tight cover at pace go for a terrier based busher,if you intend to bush far more open countryside go for something that can cover vast areas better than the average terrier, source a Beagle or hound combination,if you wish to cover all your options source a Terrier/Beagle or a Beddy bred mongrel.

Ok boy,but I am keeping dogs 35 years and have been round the block many times,so I have no interest in listening to your oul shite talk.keep your "advice" for the younger gullible lads.

Ok boy,but I am keeping dogs 35 years and have been round the block many times,so I have no interest in listening to your oul shite talk.keep your "advice" for the younger gullible lads.

As i attempted to say and you clearly amplify its easy enough to own a busher and any nugget as the aptitude for at least one in 35 years,well done.

[/wquote]

As i attempted to say and you clearly amplify its easy enough to own a busher and any nugget as the aptitude for at least one in 35 years,well done.

As I said keep your shite for those who will listen,the only outlet for your kind is the Internet,in real life you would not be tolerated,so once again piss off.

[/wquote]

As I said keep your shite for those who will listen,the only outlet for your kind is the Internet,in real life you would not be tolerated,so once again piss off.

Your about as sharp as a nuns cock,you may need to get out of that habit.

I've a terrier spaniel here... Started off really well until she got full of confidence and went weird with stock, can't trust her anywhere now! Shame because she hunts as well as any I've seen... But she'll find sheep even when they're not there to be found she even speaks on them!! She's been corrected a million times for it in all sorts of different ways, lucky for her the Mrs has a soft spot for her so she's stays here as a pet.

I've a terrier spaniel here... Started off really well until she got full of confidence and went weird with stock, can't trust her anywhere now! Shame because she hunts as well as any I've seen... But she'll find sheep even when they're not there to be found she even speaks on them!! She's been corrected a million times for it in all sorts of different ways, lucky for her the Mrs has a soft spot for her so she's stays here as a pet.

Have you tried an electric collar mate? They work wonders with stubborn dogs.

• Like 1

Have you tried an electric collar mate? They work wonders with stubborn dogs.

Yeah mate had one on her for months she was 100% with it on, as soon as I took it off she was back to square one!