Everyones Views

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beagle X cookers. In my eyes will take some beating. Fast thorough and plenty of wind

When we were a gun pack that cross was our choice. Gun club lads didn't want to be standing around waiting for Hounds to come back. They wanted sport. Beagles in fox out couple bangs on to next cover.

Our next generation we have on now are a mix of the terrier cocker and beagle .so far so good .very biddable .easy to train and keen for work.

I've a terrier spaniel here... Started off really well until she got full of confidence and went weird with stock, can't trust her anywhere now! Shame because she hunts as well as any I've seen... But she'll find sheep even when they're not there to be found she even speaks on them!! She's been corrected a million times for it in all sorts of different ways, lucky for her the Mrs has a soft spot for her so she's stays here as a pet.

not having a go at you lad but when you say she was corrected a million times, how many times did she actually do it. Did she ever attack one

I've a terrier spaniel here... Started off really well until she got full of confidence and went weird with stock, can't trust her anywhere now! Shame because she hunts as well as any I've seen... But she'll find sheep even when they're not there to be found she even speaks on them!! She's been corrected a million times for it in all sorts of different ways, lucky for her the Mrs has a soft spot for her so she's stays here as a pet.

not having a go at you lad but when you say she was corrected a million times, how many times did she actually do it. Did she ever attack one

Ha yeah bit of an exaggeration on my part, she was told a good few times I gave her plenty of opportunities to change her ways as she was showing good promise!

She attacked 2, first time was out in a wooded area when she was young then I bought a collar tried to correct her that way. 2nd time we were hunting a forestry block she took away from the trees on scent under a fence and took another down in a field. She's never been off lead since around stock, it's just not worth it. The Mrs was happy to keep her as a pet so to save the dog that's how she is now. She doesn't hunt with us any longer!

Ha yeah bit of an exaggeration on my part, she was told a good few times I gave her plenty of opportunities to change her ways as she was showing good promise!

She attacked 2, first time was out in a wooded area when she was young then I bought a collar tried to correct her that way. 2nd time we were hunting a forestry block she took away from the trees on scent under a fence and took another down in a field. She's never been off lead since around stock, it's just not worth it. The Mrs was happy to keep her as a pet so to save the dog that's how she is now. She doesn't hunt with us any longer!

That's a shame that especially if she showin good promise. Wouldn't be too much of a problem for me as there are no sheep within miles of me or where I hunt. I have to drive 25 minutes just to get the dog amongst sheep to stock break them.

Got a few camping trips booked this summer on working farms were sheep roam freely round the campsite to spend plenty of time with the pups and stock.

• Like 1

That's a shame that especially if she showin good promise. Wouldn't be too much of a problem for me as there are no sheep within miles of me or where I hunt. I have to drive 25 minutes just to get the dog amongst sheep to stock break them.

Got a few camping trips booked this summer on working farms were sheep roam freely round the campsite to spend plenty of time with the pups and stock.

Sounds like heaven... Can't turn a corner without seeing one here. If they're not in fields Theyre turned loose on open hills! Weird as I've done nothing with the lurcher and he's spot on..

Iv got a cocker beagle Russel and he is coming on nice just started to open up but he has to be real close. about 17" 18" to shoulder soft as a brush a pigeon got in his kennel other week scared him wouldn't go near it but on other occasions has gone to ground and took a nip and wanting back in will find the pic of that pidgin

• Like 1

Some cracking wee dogs foxpack. Bet you have some fun way them, miss the wee dogs we used to have, had some great days way the wee cross breds we had, beagle/lakelands beagle/spaniel beagle/whippet harrier/collie beagle/russell and an irish terrier beagle cross that was one of the best i ever witnessed. German pointer/ harrier cross was another one we had decent dogs all of them

• Like 1

Some cracking wee dogs foxpack. Bet you have some fun way them, miss the wee dogs we used to have, had some great days way the wee cross breds we had, beagle/lakelands beagle/spaniel beagle/whippet harrier/collie beagle/russell and an irish terrier beagle cross that was one of the best i ever witnessed. German pointer/ harrier cross was another one we had decent dogs all of them

Can't beat the days out mate. I don't do as much lamping now a days. So love the days out with the bushers.