World Strongest Man 2017(Don`t Read If You Want To Watch It On Tv At Christmas)

Your delusional if you think all those sports are natural. Lance Armstrong was doping giving him a huge advantage but the bloke 2 seconds behind him is all natural?

I wish I was as innocently minded.

For anyone who wants to see natural tested athletes records I've posted a link below. Think the top deadlift record is in the 120kg weight class and they pulled 325kg

http://www.wdfpf.co.uk/partners/Records/3)WDFPF%20Deadl%20UN.pdf

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a result out in Botswana. A new World Strongest Man as of today.   1st Eddie Hall (England)   2nd Thor Bjornsson (Iceland)   3rd Brian Shaw (USA)   He said he`d do it and he did.  

Amen! Not all PED's are illegal. It's down to what works!   If you think that PED's aren't rife in professional sports you're seriously out of the loop! What the British public doesn't know is wh

Bill Werbenick used to take 18 pints and 2 whiskeys to steady his nerves, much more of a feat of endurance in itself than popping a pill or two.

is it all natural.?

About as natural as a woman with a cock!

Regardless it's some achievement, not like the rest are all natural is it? You've got to be enhanced to be at that level!

not if everybody stopped doing steriods/drugs.then you would really see who the strongest man is.
If a person wants to take their body/strength to its genetic potential in either strongman or bodybuilding there are drug free competitions,if they want to take their body/strength beyond its genetic potential theres competitions for that also whats the problem.

Always thought Hall had the raw strength in the static lifts to win it but the events must have fallen his way to beat some of the more mobile guys,good for him i very much doubt he,s even reached his peak man strength yet.

i just think it would be much more of an achievement if it was all his own work not getting help from a bottle.

who would you respect more,somebody natural dead lifting 370kg or some smack head lifting 500kg.?

How can you compare steroid use to being a dirty f***ing smack head ?

• Like 1
no gnasher i'm not talking about rackets and stuff i just think if steriods are common place in sports the ACTUAL SKILL of the sport will be lost.take boxing for example, so who's better, the man ducking/diving and dancing around the ring showing all the skill of a proper boxer or the muscle head who just takes your head off with 1 lucky punch.?they'll be no sport if it goes that way.we won't convince each other otherwise but competitive sports should be clean.

Enhancing performance is enhancing performance mate it's only that drugs are not socially acceptable that we have a problem with it sometimes the finest lines in top level sport performance have absolutely nothing to do with talent and ability peds or no peds.

You have used the worst possible example of which im not going to go into but yes you are right and having competed in sport most of my life i now simply accept,understand and acknowledge how sporting performance and scientific nutrition evolves over time......although i also understand how some people cant accept it.

• Like 1

Your delusional if you think all those sports are natural. Lance Armstrong was doping giving him a huge advantage but the bloke 2 seconds behind him is all natural?

For anyone who wants to see natural tested athletes records I've posted a link below. Think the top deadlift record is in the 120kg weight class and they pulled 325kg

excellent that is.how heavy is eddie hall,? because in comparison to body weight i bet natural man is lifting more.hahahaha

I've never lifted nowt heavier than a rabbit haha but just out nosyness. What's the difference between the top of the non ped, natural comps an the comps where it's anything to win??.

Im not sure about strongman events but in powerlifting across the board of weight divisions its between a 6% - 9% difference on world records.

• Like 1

excellent that is.how heavy is eddie hall,? because in comparison to body weight i bet natural man is lifting more.hahahaha

Strength doesn't exactly go up directly proportionally to weight, it doesn't work like that.

A rank amateur starting from scratch could get upto a 200kg in a couple of months, going from a 200-300kg deadlift might take years.

Dunno what the "hahaha" is for? Just again shows you don't understand how it all works...

I actually agree with that ive said for years these competitions would be far more competitive if they was done on a " X bodyweight " basis rather than outright weight lifted......Hall at 185kg deadlifting 500 kg is probably less X bodyweight than the 125kg guy lifting 335kg on the link posted......plus the 125kg guy was a raw lift whereas Halls was equipped which counts again for another 5 - 10 per cent of the total lift.....strongman competitions should be about who's the strongest not who's the biggest in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Strength doesn't exactly go up directly proportionally to weight, it doesn't work like that.

A rank amateur starting from scratch could get upto a 200kg in a couple of months, going from a 200-300kg deadlift might take years.

Dunno what the "hahaha" is for? Just again shows you don't understand how it all works...

i just thought that it was kind of ironic that a man who has been taking drugs and all the negitive effects it has to try and be the greatest is not lifting as much in comparison to his body weight as somebody natural.

what are the natural men closest to eddie ''the drug cheat hall'' lifting.?

i don't know anything about the sport your right on that.

i just thought that it was kind of ironic that a man who has been taking drugs and all the negitive effects it has to try and be the greatest is not lifting as much in comparison to his body weight as somebody natural.

You seemed to be very annoyed for someone who doesn't care about the sport lol.

I do think the bloke lifting naturally in the 125kg match is a beast tho!

Is he 'better' than Hall? That's like comparing a greyhound to a race horse, it's a different kettle of fish!

• Like 1

Is he 'better' than Hall? That's like comparing a greyhound to a race horse, it's a different kettle of fish!

no mate definietly not annoyed but you seemed annoyed in your 1st couple of texts.

do you use them.?

no mate definietly not annoyed but you seemed annoyed in your 1st couple of texts.

do you use them.?

No mate, I do power lifting tho, have several friends in that BDFPA who compete. Was going to compete but been very busy with uni and not as strong as I was ATM.

Just finished and getting back into it, hopefully will compete in the future, in the natural leagues.

I wouldn't be annoyed by Hall having stronger lifts than me, I'd just know it's not really comparable.

• Like 1

do you use them.?

No mate, I do power lifting tho, have several friends in that BDFPA who compete. Was going to compete but been very busy with uni and not as strong as I was ATM.

Just finished and getting back into it, hopefully will compete in the future, in the natural leagues.

I wouldn't be annoyed by Hall having stronger lifts than me, I'd just know it's not really comparable.

good on you for being natural and good luck with it.

do you know what the natural lifters are lifting that are closest to eddie halls weight.?

do you use them.?

good on you for being natural and good luck with it.

do you know what the natural lifters are lifting that are closest to eddie halls weight.?

I don't think many people go over the 125kg mark, at that point I think the weight class is 125kg+ and just goes up unlimited.

Nobody goes up that high though as at that weight unless your enhanced your just adding lots and lots of fat and not getting that much benefit for it.

Everyone will have a natural genetic potential, if you want to keep going and going you've got to go enhanced or you can stay a more "normal" weight and just keep trying to increase strength.

There are some very strong lads out there, what's more impressive IMO is the tiny guys who can lift 2x body weight etc for lifts, very impressive!

Bill Werbenick used to take 18 pints and 2 whiskeys to steady his nerves, much more of a feat of endurance in itself than popping a pill or two.

Amen! Not all PED's are illegal. It's down to what works!

no gnasher i'm not talking about rackets and stuff i just think if steriods are common place in sports the ACTUAL SKILL of the sport will be lost.take boxing for example, so who's better, the man ducking/diving and dancing around the ring showing all the skill of a proper boxer or the muscle head who just takes your head off with 1 lucky punch.?they'll be no sport if it goes that way.

we won't convince each other otherwise but competitive sports should be clean.

If you think that PED's aren't rife in professional sports you're seriously out of the loop! What the British public doesn't know is what makes them the British public! :thumbs:

Genuine question. How do you feel about soldiers using beta blockers to counter adrenaline, sharpshooters using them to steady their nerves? How about pilots using amphetamines to pull long hours in the cockpit? The fact that both the axis and allies, in WW2, used methamphetamine as a PED to combat fatigue? If you use caffeine and nicotine, for focus. Alcohol or melatonin to help you sleep? Look at the Williams sisters... They both have doctors notes to use banned substances, as they're medication not PED's. That makes it alright then? :laugh:

Performance enhancing drugs. Illegal, or legal, you're using them to give you that extra to perform that little further. It doesn't take away the skill of a gifted athlete but it does level the playing field in an environment where money is the king. ;)

Enhancing performance is enhancing performance mate it's only that drugs are not socially acceptable that we have a problem with it sometimes the finest lines in top level sport performance have absolutely nothing to do with talent and ability peds or no peds.

You have used the worst possible example of which im not going to go into but yes you are right and having competed in sport most of my life i now simply accept,understand and acknowledge how sporting performance and scientific nutrition evolves over time......although i also understand how some people cant accept it.

Can't agree more, Gnash. It surprises me that most are so naive to what performance enhancing actually means. Lance was an incredible athlete despite EPO. The fact that he was ruined over it was myopic to say the least. If anything cycling and WSM are the only level playing fields in professional sports as they're all at it! So f***ing what?!

I honestly don't see what the problem is. As the IOC, and UCI, keep showing us... You're only dirty if you get caught! Anyone remember Linford Christie? :laugh:

• Like 4

I've never lifted nowt heavier than a rabbit haha but just out nosyness. What's the difference between the top of the non ped, natural comps an the comps where it's anything to win??.

WDFPF -75kg class deadlift unequipped WR is around 260kg I think. (Genuinely as drug free as possible)

IPF -74kg class deadlift classic WR is 310kg. (Heavily tested, biggest federation I think, realistically still affected by PEDs)

IPL -75kg class deadlift unequipped WR is 290kg. (Untested I think)

It's not a totally fair comparison because the IPF will attract more competitors and probably most of the naturally top flight guys. Also differences in judging and the bar used but I'm unsure of that. Also drug taking will have a greater effect in the higher weight classes.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1