Handlines And Night Lines

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it's good to read those old books and want to try things....we have all done it as kids..but..there is no point trying to catch trout on night lines. What happens when you return in the morning

Used to put a line across the beach bury a house brick with a line on it stretch it across the beach and bury another house brick on the other end over night. While staying in chalets on the cliff at

Posted Images

Do you eat the mullet Bell ?

Yes mate, these were caught out of the salt......none of that estuary mud malarkey.....by far one of the best eating fish I've had. Slightly oily but really firm white meaty flesh.....had a smoke test one evening involving far too much whisky but compared smoked mullet, pollack, wrass and something else......mullet won hands down......

never used to eat them my self just gave them them away when i used to do seine netting for salmon. But the lady I used to give them to ask if i would like to try them. She baked them in butter in the oven, they were beautiful guys could not believe it. They have a black lining to there gut which put most people off that all , worth a try.

Cheers Arry

Yes mate, these were caught out of the salt......none of that estuary mud malarkey.....by far one of the best eating fish I've had. Slightly oily but really firm white meaty flesh.....had a smoke test one evening involving far too much whisky but compared smoked mullet, pollack, wrass and something else......mullet won hands down......

Only ever fished for them once........and blanked. I fall into the "I seen them eating shite when I was younger" category but you see more and more chefs on telly cooking them and folk like yourself saying how good they are.

But then again, I used to think the same about Eels years ago, until I cooked a few, lovely.