Need Advise For Novice Never Done Spinning

Need some advise iv decided I'm going to have a go a spinning / lure for trout an perch mostly trout. the location I'm going to try the alwen reservoir

what rod can you recommend

What rod length is best for alwen reservoir

What reel is good for trout spinning

What basic takle will I need for a place like that

I am complete novice don't know anything about it but all the different fishing gear is getting me confused

Go to a half decent tackle shop mate if possible, that way ye gdt feel of rod before ye try it, start off with summat not too pricey tho, incase ye dont like it, loads a spinning kits, available now. Or if ye do need go buy online then get a link an that up to whatever ye thinking a buying an somebody will tell ye if its any good, only need summat light tho for trout an perch

thanks mate I think ill be geting it online because the local shop closed down .

For trout and perch you want to be using a rod with a casting weight in something like the 0.5-7 gram range and think Japanese brands like Sakura and majorcraft rather than the usual fox - drennan stuff you see in most shops . If you go in a shop and they try to tell you that you need something heavier like 5-20 gram rod give them a swerve because they won't have any lighter in stock and will try palming you off with something that's to heavy just to get a sale . Reel wise , a front drag reel in the 1000-2500 range is more than enough and braid in the 6-10lb range is spot on . Spinners are easy , mepps and blue fox are head and shoulders above the rest . Soft plastics for perch have a look at agm products and the first things to get are relax kopyto lures in the 2-2.5 inch range and the yellow and the white colours are a must have . crazy fish minnows and big bite crappie thumpers are worth a go aswell but there's absolutely loads of lures on the site

• Like 1