Gate Netters Dog.

I think you can.... :thumbs:

Sorry officer but phil said he thinks we will be OK....

Well if you are netting, proper,.. nice and quiet,...you won't ever need to ask an Occifer....

Just do what ya gotta do,...feck anyone else.... :laugh:

• Like 10

I think you can.... :thumbs:

Sorry officer but phil said he thinks we will be OK....

Well if you are netting, proper,.. nice and quiet,...you won't ever need to ask an Occifer....

Just do what ya gotta do,...feck anyone else.... :laugh:

No body in the right mind it's going to ask a police man if it's OK lol.. but you could argue they are a few about not sound of mind.

Personal I'd have just got on with it like you said above.

• Like 1

When I was a teenager and had read and heard about the legendary dogs that would quarter a field and drive a hare into a gate net I said it to a local character.

He told me his lurcher could do it.

So out we went and drapped a net over a gate and made our way around the back of the field (no one at the net.) and up she jumps and my mate slipped his lurcher.

After a turn or two she decided enough was enough and it was time to get out of town so she made a straight line for the gate with the lurcher just following at this stage and under the gate she slipped, putting her in the bag.

He was right, his dog could put a hare into a gate net, LOL, but not very traditionally.

Ever since then every hare I've ever gate netted the dog was left at home.

• Like 1

When I was a teenager and had read and heard about the legendary dogs that would quarter a field and drive a hare into a gate net I said it to a local character.He told me his lurcher could do it.

So out we went and drapped a net over a gate and made our way around the back of the field (no one at the net.) and up she jumps and my mate slipped his lurcher.

After a turn or two she decided enough was enough and it was time to get out of town so she made a straight line for the gate with the lurcher just following at this stage and under the gate she slipped, putting her in the bag.

He was right, his dog could put a hare into a gate net, LOL, but not very traditionally.

Ever since then every hare I've ever gate netted the dog was left at home.

slipped, any hare will hit a gate you just need a dog to push it,

My point being that there's a big difference between a dog coursing a hare that slips under a gate into a net and the dogs of legend that would range out and quarter a field driving the hare purposely into a net.

I found it easier to leave a lad at the net and someone walk the field towards the net. No dog.

• Like 1

Only one ive seen was on a Glen Watters netting dvd think he caught four hares with it in the film

I've handled that old dog,...definitely a nice strong example of a half cross.... :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd

Your flushing the hare with the dog, not coursing, just like flushing to gun, hawk or net, im sure its perfectly legal, atleast i hope so haha

(7)The fifth condition is that—

(a)reasonable steps are taken for the purpose of ensuring that as soon as possible after being found or flushed out the wild mammal is shot dead by a competent person,

Might be legal, but I'm not sure it is, LOL. Never mind all that though. LOL

• Like 1