One To Remember About Classic Gun Parts.

I`ve just got back both FWB 124 and 127 rifles from the tune they went in for.

I was told that the new piston head and breach seal, sourced from Chambers, were , by the looks of things, Chinese production and rubbish. The 6 week old piston seal had a split in it already( 127) and the breach seal was incorrect in size.

I took both rifles to a well respected tuner, Nick Simmons ( FWB Sport forum) over in Derby.

First impressions are that these two old classics are brand new again, so silky smooth it`s unreal :boogy:

I`ll scope them up today and see just how good they really are before they have even bedded in.

atb Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Iv tuned loads of rifles using chambers for parts and all ways found them to be top notch in condition

and fast delivery as well never had a problem with them .

if the parts were that bad why did you not get in touch with them im sure they would of put things right for you

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Iv tuned loads of rifles using chambers for parts and all ways found them to be top notch in condition

and fast delivery as well never had a problem with them .

if the parts were that bad why did you not get in touch with them im sure they would of put things right for you

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well Jimmy, they looked good to me too and I can only repeat what I`ve been told.

I originally passed these parts and my 127 to a local smithie, who frankly did a crap job.

Far from satisfied, I joined the FWB Sport forum and the rest is history, both rifles are just pin point accurate and smooth as silk.

I`m very pleased with them now.

post-85710-0-16148600-1497098369.jpg

atb Mark.

• Like 2

Nice mark. Classics feel so good when you use them. like old fishing stuff too. Got a local made glass fly rod from the 80,s I had an old fly rod i have been using badged by an old tackle shop my dad frequented as a kid. I never mentioned it to him but he saw it written on the rod and told mr all sorts of old stories. Needless to say i gave him it straight away and now he has it in his living room as a memoir. Iv had many wild brownies on it. Been using an old sportex rod and strikerite reel lately in the margins fof tench. The old stuff brings a magical feeling.

• Like 3