Set up a pop up hide at a sight where I know there's been a LEO hunting and feeding chicks, went this evening as the owl hunts between 7.30 - 8.30 and true to form, he landed on expected post and I got my shot :)

86DEAA9E-EFF2-4AC0-9B40-D90E81187A9A.jpg

• Like 19

Great pic, any with its ears up ?

Sorry pal, only managed 18 shots total while he was sat on post, I'm kinda glad his ears weren't pricked up to be honest as they were down means he was relaxed and either not aware of me in hide or just comfortable no danger :)

Loads tawnys here, used be a fair lil owls on fields when lamping but not as many now. Never seen a long eared in flesh, nice one mate

Me neither mate, got a nice stuffed one that I found dead and found 2 more this year on the A1 hit by cars that have both gone to taxidermist but never seen a live one lol

Any Cuckoos Zandy?

I'm working on it Pal, I know where there are 5 in one area ( seen 4 but heard 5), 3 in another been seen and heard and 1 in another site but only heard although didnsee last year assuming same one so I'm sure there'll be some photos to come soon when I get the time :)

• Like 1

All those you've heard will be males will they, unless you've heard a female "bubbling"?

Seen 1 female with 2 males in same area but not heard her calling/bubbling...

I have been on Xeno Canto to listen to female call sonknow what to listen for... I'm starting to get proper interested and intrigued by cuckoos but can find very limited info on the net...

Any good websites/forums etc you can point me to ??? I know you the man for cuckoo studies ?