The Allrouder

I know of a dog took everything in its first season smaller deer in numbers fox hares day and night rabbits would bring a shot bird to hand was marking warrens and snapping up bolters as a pup bring a fish out of water find and flush stuff. To me that's just a handy dog to have around a proper allrounder is abit harder to find.

• Like 1

Who the f uk wants an all rounder. Who has time to hunt everything, all different ways, as long as mine do what i want em to i be happy

Who mentioned hunting all different ways, to me an all rounder is a dog that catches previously mentioned quarry by running after the fecking things. With or without a lamp. If your out and about a fair bit you will bump into all different quarry fairly regularly but that's just my take on it.

• Like 2

Who the f uk wants an all rounder. Who has time to hunt everything, all different ways, as long as mine do what i want em to i be happy

Who mentioned hunting all different ways, to me an all rounder is a dog that catches previously mentioned quarry by running after the fecking things. With or without a lamp. If your out and about a fair bit you will bump into all different quarry fairly regularly but that's just my take on it.
How many folk lamp, ferret an course hare an deer, regulsr enough to say its not the odd one??
I'm not sure that's why I asked if an all rounder exists at the start of thread.

Something that can have a good roll around without making a noise or letting go, catch and kill a fox single handed, pull a deer, catch a handful of rabbits and catch a hare, wether they make hard work of any of the quarry or not if they can still do it then imo it's an all-rounder

• Like 3

for once I agree with you lol. Don't know anybody that does a bit of everything regularly. We hunt foxes each weekend. Anything else bolts and a lurcher lad slips he won't be there the following week. I'm sure lads will disagree.

Iv known lads to go out and prove the dogs worth, and fter a season of being oit flat out the numbers thing definitely wears thin...and the loss of enjoyment that goes with it.

Without doing numbers of each species you will never find out whether it's the all rounder everyone craves

Like has been said as long as it catches u what you want it to now an again, noting else matters really.

But to me a all rounder is a lurcher that can follow terriers in the day bushing etc and be ok at ferreting. And catch rabbit hare and deer...but have enough speed in the dog to make it happen more than it doesnt.