An Evening Rabbit Shooting

Last night I went out for a bit of rabbit shooting with my ratworks BSA scorpion 177 and had a great night. There's a field on one of my permissions surrounded by woodland and its crop is being hammered this year by the bunnies. There's been a real explosion in the population. All these were shot before last light yesterday evening starting at about 7:45. Most were stalked and a few I lay out in wait for. All shots were between 15 and the longest was lazed at 48 yards. I then spent the next hour or so prepping them :) All big ones I've prepped whole and the little ones, I just removed their legs and will cook them like chicken wings.

post-35560-0-97269600-1495292702_thumb.jpg

Edited by danco1987
  • Like 6

Gangster scorpion mate. I had one about 5 years ago. Wish I'd never of sold that. Sold it to a chap on here bless him. Hope he's still about... shep I think his name was.

Right rifle that. Proper.

Cheers lads.

The scorpion is a great rifle. I bought it second-hand and it already had a trench reg fitted. It the went off to ratworks and has been transformed into an even better setup. I can't ask for anything more from a rifle tbh.

post-35560-0-63663400-1495355099_thumb.jpg

Edited by danco1987

Thanks.

Out of the 13, I prepped 5 whole rabbits. All the rest were just too small but still need to be cleared. The hind legs are about all you can get off these ones. Rest of the carcasses will get devoured by Mr Fox and the kites.

O and all the livers were taken too and frozen ready for my next batch of pate

• Like 1