Best Guard Dog

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

Got a full pic of it pal

something like them, but a alot more full on temp, are them Russian black terriers .The pet shop owner by me , got attacked by one last year , by a warehouse the dog was a guard dog there, not sure what actually happened but the dog got her in the arm, loads of stitches and badly bruised . very dodgy these big buggers , if you was into big hairy thing that deff uses its teeth /size maybe the dog for you , dont know nothing about them but there very good guards . :yes:

• Like 1

My lurcher has got a fair bit of Bovier in him and he starting to guard and protect me and the yard. He is great with kids and folk he knows but can be a bit intimidating with strangers.Made my walks a bit less traumatic as a lot of other dog owners soon put there dogs on the lead when he is with us lol. I could imagine a full Bovier des flanders would be a more than capable gaurd dog

. I had a old friend when we was youngster who had a bouvier bitch pure bred she worked alongside his bunch ,this be thirty five yrs or more ago he worked her with his sal grey bitch that went digging with us the sal xes would tackle ought and draw stuff from holes I believe these French types on the same branching has the herders leakoneis malls dutchies etc.she should have had the import saluki we had back then but it daint happen but one wonders what the outcome may have been a generation a two down line .atb bunnys.

Got a full pic of it pal

MollyampGeorge005_zps66940812.jpg
Very impressive looking dog , seen a few on the net they make a rottweiler look small and any dog of that size would intimidate me if it was coming at me

If I was to have a rotty it'd have to be a German import or put of German breeding I just think they have more of a 'don't f*ck with me' look about them rather than the stuff we tend to breed over here which nowadays seem to be short in the leg and very big boned to the point they look overweight

post-102608-0-21331600-1495485995.png

Same with boxer dogs I wouldn't have another boxer they don't live long enough they get too attached with the family imo asin I'd end up taking it everywhere with me so there wouldn't be anything to watch out for my kennel dogs anyway lol but if I was to have another boxer it would be a German import again I'm sure iv got some photos of our last one I'll try and dig them out

dont see many scrap yard dogs these days, partly becuase they have to be kept on a chain?

Legally a guard dog needs a handler with it unless it's safely contained,so you can't have dogs roaming a business night or day,even on a chain would be uncertain ground if it go hold of an intruder.

A pet dog that guards a private residence is fine,as long as as far as anyone's concerned it's a pet and not a guard dog.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1975/50/section/1