Best Guard Dog

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

dont see many scrap yard dogs these days, partly becuase they have to be kept on a chain?

correct. I ve got a scrap yard and in the end I put cctv and good lights up as the police said I d be done if the dogs bit anyone

bullivision kennels breeds good ones too

I'm pretty sure Scott hasn't ever bred a litter of Herders

sorry thought he ment mal's
I'm almost certain all of his Malis are bred by other people.A couple might be stud fee puppies.Im sure the only home bred pup him and his partner have is Gorilla the presa/Mali cross who's definitely not a dog for an inexperienced owner.

Gorilla has a good hard bite, and is very driven. He's with the right people that know how to get the best from him :thumbs:

gorilla.jpg

Are you at the avd trials this weekend deerdogs

I'm almost certain all of his Malis are bred by other people.A couple might be stud fee puppies.Im sure the only home bred pup him and his partner have is Gorilla the presa/Mali cross who's definitely not a dog for an inexperienced owner.

Gorilla has a good hard bite, and is very driven. He's with the right people that know how to get the best from him :thumbs:

gorilla.jpg

Afraid not, too busy with the game birds unfortunately :wallbash: Watching all the videos on facebook though. Are you down there?

gorilla.jpg

This the night trials ?

gorilla.jpg

This the night trials ?

yes mate, 5k-9. Sati's place

For a deterrent you want something with a decent voice that will rally the others onto life

A good strong lab or ridgeback will give you a great family dog that will guard the house and yard.

GSD and similar are great if you get a good one but far too many now are bred into genetic retards that will cost you more than a black market kidney transplant in later life.

gorilla.jpg

Afraid not, too busy with the game birds unfortunately :wallbash: Watching all the videos on facebook though. Are you down there?
No mate.Had a party to go to with some very old friends that I couldn't really miss out on.A pal of mine was there with his old bandog that usually does very well at the working trials.Went a couple of years back but to be truthful I wasn't impressed with the control that a lot of the handlers had on there animals.Seems to me that a lot of these lads are only interested in bite bite bite.

See a lot of breeds on her that will just get you in a lot of shit when they maul the kiddie next door. Aussie cattle dog just as good as anything and if the bite the Kiddie next door it will be on the Arse not the face.

I've been bit to many times to count while out coon hunting. I used to hunt around a bunch of farms and when I'd tree a coon in someone's back yard I'd just go up to the house and ask to shoot it out or just pull the dogs if they wanted. It was usually pretty late and I know they were up because my dogs were barking right close to the house. Anyow, I've been bit in the rear end quite a few times and nearly all of the time it was an ACD. Dang things are a sure bite. I usually had plenty of layers on to soften the bite but still...they're a real pain in the behind. Good dogs if they are your though.

Never been bit by one coming from the front though, always from behind. Got nailed by a standard poodle once and it got my entire ass check in it's mouth and damn near popped it like a grape. That one hurt. Got hit in the knee from the front by a GWP once and that took a couple of weeks to heal. Another time by an American Leopard Hound in the knee from the front, same deal.

Worst dog bite I ever had though was a miniature poodle mix. Damn thing just jumped up and nailed me on the mouth while I was trying to make friends with it. It was my buddy's mom's dog and I was at their cabin on vacation. Split my lip just like a cleft lip. The guy that sewed it back together was awfully talented because you can barely see a scar today.

I have bad instincts when something is coming at me, I just stand and fight if I'm caught off guard. If I have time to think I do my best to just back out of the situation. I've only killed a couple of dogs and was in the right both times so I guess it's working out fine so far...minus the few scars. Damn dog bites take a good while to heal.

I like the idea of having the guard dog on my side better. ;)

• Like 2

went to a guys house in Leicester and he had a greatdane cross rotweiler guarding his lurchers it was the most brutal looking thing I have ever seen !! don't know what it was like with kids looking at the size of it I think it had eaten a few !!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My lass bought a jagd terrier its the nastiest little b*****d I have ever come across its class with us and the kids but hates everyone else its to much of a liability to work has to be muzzled round other dogs when we go to bed the little twat sits growling at people walking past the house Would never have one again lol

• Like 1