Best Guard Dog

What's your preference of guard dogs,

I'd like one in the future when I move house again for a dog to guard my kennels aswell as the house so the dog must be able to cope with all weathers, be sound with dogs and good with kids, I love gsd's however my mrs is frit of them as she was attacked when she was younger by one, I like akitas my mate had one which would get up every half hour and walk the perimeter of his yard it knew its job it had always been around his mrs and kids etc but one day when I think it was around 6 years old his mrs walked through the door with the food shopping and the dog launched a brutal attack she ended up having to have plastic surgery and alsorts, no doubt about it if that was a kid the dog would of killed him, iv Hurd good stuff about kangals and Tibetan mastiffs too but Hurd they can both be unpredictable? It's finding a balance of a dog that knows it's job but is also 100% good with the family

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

Better off with a small noisy dog lets you know someone's about and not a liability around kids,seen a few big guard dogs on programs on the tv turn useless after the Police have squirted them with something .

• Like 4

I wouldn't let a kangal within a mile of my kids or any one I liked really

The sheer mass of these things would put me off it

The first time I saw one I'd been awake the best part of three days and as it loomed out the darkness, I thought I was hallucinating and a polar bear was walking towards me

They have that horrid , indifferent nature and I genuinely wouldn't fancy my chances at pulling one off a poor unintended victim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More than what breed,I'd make sure it ain't from nervy types and you have the knowledge to handle a potentially dangerous dog, a dog that's in a yard and barks at strangers can become unstable should it get out alone .

• Like 1

Go and have a chat with someone who knows what there on about mate it's not really the breed you should be worried about its the atitude of individual dogs. I've 2 young Dutch herders and they are like chalk and cheese one would make a cracking yard dog the other would be shit but will bite no trouble if told.

If your after something just to watch your garden be careful with a Mali. there not really that sort of dog.ive seen a Tibetan mastiff the other day shit was not he word remember anything too big is a job to hold back sometimes and it's your responsibility to make sure the dog don't hurt no one its shouldn't.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 3

Go and have a chat with someone who knows what there on about mate it's not really the breed you should be worried about its the atitude of individual dogs. I've 2 young Dutch herders and they are like chalk and cheese one would make a cracking yard dog the other would be shit but will bite no trouble if told.

If your after something just to watch your garden be careful with a Mali. there not really that sort of dog.ive seen a Tibetan mastiff the other day shit was not he word remember anything too big is a job to hold back sometimes and it's your responsibility to make sure the dog don't hurt no one its shouldn't.

any photo's c green of your dutchies.?

no mate none to go up on the forum. Edited by C.green
  • Like 2

You need to come and see me mate when you want a guard dog il show you some decent stuff for the job genuine stuff not these silly breeds I've known people go for all these exotic breeds and they've ended up with the good old gsd you can't go wrong ?

• Like 4

after some of the stuff that been said on here past couple of days about shepherds no mate none to go up on the forum.

i wouldn't worry about what anybody say's on here to much.probably more to do with ignorance than expertise.let's have a look.

Cane corso ?? you see one of them in a yard you aint going in lol

Its a shame the dogos are banned cracking looking dogs and have heard good things

Or a doberman my mate had an old bitch and see was perfect around people and kids but if you came in his garden youd get naild unsless she knew you.

Edited by green dragon