Anyone got any good little setups/bait for catching trout from a tiny shallow ginclear chalk stream ? Used minnow and free lined bread but can't seem to get them taking of the top lately. Plenty there good sizes too

That fly fishing is not abit of me lads lol it's a free stretch I walk/jog the dogs down every morning and evening just take me little telescopic and a loaf of bread normally but they seem wise to it now. It's not stocked and most fish get chucked back. Seems abit shallow for a spinner I know nothing about flies or fly fishing the flies I'm using I found on the bank one day in a little grey box honestly couldn't tell you what they are lol

Edited by C.green

Cheers lads dc I've tried worms and maggots had abit of luck with them but I hate messing around having to pop to tackle shop I just have a few casts when the fancy takes me or weathers abit warm for trotting dogs.

Do them flies work at night/early morning katchum ?

Edited by C.green

I got one today with half a worm on the hook and a shot up the line. I'm still new to this and trying to fond the best way to bag em. And how to locate them. Example i went to a small brook today, never been, couldn't see anything,and there were a few deep bits on the bends. Every now and then there was a splash and im assuming it was trout taking the flys that were everywhere. Couldn't see them in the water as i say so. Fishing blind really.