Just got the Pulsar N970 lrf . I've watched a review of the 870 on YouTube and read some reviews and they all say that the built in ir is useless and the unit benefits from an ir add . The nightmaster 800 is the one used on YouTube, but is quite pricey, or the T20 ir which is cheaper sounds more appealing, I know you get what you pay for and all that but I'm not going to be taking silly long shots, I would be happy if it would perform to 150 yards . Will the T20 be good enough ?

• 3 weeks later...

Had this unit for a couple of weeks now . I've got a T38 ir on it as well and this really improves the quality of picture and range . What I find very good as well is its performance at dusk and in the full moon, with no Ir . The "sum light " feature makes it possible to view and shoot with amazing clarity . We have had the second silage cut which is always a good draw , and have been mopping a few up with the NV . The method I use is to go around with the lamp with a red filter and spot the eyes , then it's lights off and into position. I have also had a mate with his thermal spotter come over and that is my next purchase . What a bit of kit !! I have also just sat out with the fox pro, another good method, I am also going to try leaving a gralloch out and sit out and wait , I'll let you know how I get on . Have you guys got any little tips you use with NV ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My mate has an armasite X-LR-M Illuminator, he has it on his drone x15 and it's great and I've got one on my n750a and it's great in that as well. They are £156 so cheaper than a NM800 as well.