Chill Out Time

After a boring day at work and finishing early i thought id get out for a few hours to unwind.

20170517_160938_zpsk3mqrofy.jpg

Got to farm for about half7 so only had a few hours before dark so unloaded bike and off i went with my new pup in tow. Dissapointed with first few shots as i felt like i couldnt even hit a barn door but once i calmed myself down and got in position a managed a decent bag

20170518_210638_zpsgselhqc8.jpg

20170518_210333_zpsupq7skcn.jpg

Atb duggy

• Like 6

well done, and nice way to switch off from work, plus its all good training for the pup. i like springers , they are great gundog for water and land . what do you do most rough shoot ,standing gun, or beating.? i did alot of beating and seen alot of springers working, some beaters had them, then few paid guns had them, ok not like a lab as peg dog, but they came close . i spoke to one bloke who done fair bit geese shooting, and he used his springer for that, was big strong male , tough strong dog, if i was still shooting it what i get nice male springer pup. :thumbs:

Cheers.... hes coming along great so far.

Ive got no real job lined up for him as yet just enjoying his company while the rest of the pack are having a well earned rest.

Had a wonder round another new patch tuesday night with him but while im sneaking round trying to sniper rabbits and crows he thought it was time to play and started spooking everything?

So i took him back to car and carried on back across the fields to try put a few in the bag.

Got hidden in a hedgerow and knocked over 6 rabbits and had to call it a day as it was dark now so headed back to the car.as i was entering the farm yard shon the lamp to notice a fox cub mooching near some bails so i thought id try and sneak over to get a better look and as i put lamp back on was shocked to find a litter of 5 cubs with vixen near or on the bails.. ive never been so pleasantly supprised.so thought id share my catch and spent another hour watching them play and go about there business..

Ive got some videos but carnt upload for some reason but also took these.

20170515_224347_zpsug1pmvak.jpg

20170515_224349_zpsqfrqoa2o.jpg

20170515_224304_001_zpss6pudifo.jpg

Atb duggy

• Like 3