Sign in to follow this  
Accip74

Mews/weigh Room For Sparrowhawk

nice one smasher.

any progress on your mews accip74 and when are you,picking up your sparrowhawk.?

nice one smasher.

any progress on your mews accip74 and when are you,picking up your sparrowhawk.?

A bit of progress mate, done some work on the inside like the shelf/loop perch. As for getting it, I find out tonight actually......it's a bit of a worry, he only had males up to last Friday, with only 4 more chicks to sex. If he has a female in the last clutch its mine, if not, It may not happen this year :-(

Here's a couple of pics of the inside, I'm still not quite happy with the perch & Ive already made some adjustments since these pics were taken. The whole shelf will be filled with sand, about 4" over the artificial grass. & I still have to clad the outside ;-)

post-89484-0-16294700-1499182039_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-64506400-1499182271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2

any news on the chick yet.?

It's not looking good at the mo', he's had a really bad year, with many unhatched & looking like he may have only males? Not 100% yet, but sure enough for him to be asking a mate about another clutch for me. Fcukng typical!!

Alls not lost just yet.....

that is a kick in the balls.i imagine sparrow hawk chicks aint the easiest things to get hold of either.

good luck.

Just goggle it,theres quite a few for sale all over,best of luck with it all.

that is a kick in the balls.i imagine sparrow hawk chicks aint the easiest things to get hold of either.

good luck.

Yeah not that easy really, that's why I was prepared to travel so far. Last year the guy had 13 females & 18 males, this year maybe only 13 males? It's a fcuker alwright.........if not, it will be next year, at least I'll be all set up! Haha....

Just goggle it,theres quite a few for sale all over,best of luck with it all.

Cheers, I will make some enquiries, it's mostly males that come up though. Being on Facebook would make it easier, but I'm stubborn! Haha....

Ya mate am on a few falconry sites on there and theres quite a few on the ground now,what part the country you from..?

hope you get sorted.

Ya mate am on a few falconry sites on there and theres quite a few on the ground now,what part the country you from..?

hope you get sorted.

I'm in Belgium

Optional extra...

As well as a mews/weighroom.......this will also double as a 'hide' for knocking off the odd woodie.....

Installed a sliding window toady from left over polycarbonate. A fine green mesh on the outside with a slit to keep the flies from coming in & letting the air rifle barrel out......;-)

post-89484-0-75821100-1499633917_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-94767600-1499633979_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-58586800-1499634036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Still not luck mate,..?

Still not luck mate,..?

I got fcuked about in the end mate & said fcuk it for this year. It was a kick in the teeth after all the prep, but waiting till next year will be better for a few reasons, even though I found that hard to admit at the time..haha

I've got an order in for next year with somebody else now.

You've got some patience Accip! If I had to wait another year the other half and the kids would have filled that mews with all their shite.lol

• Like 2

nice mews mate ive bred and flew bothe sexes of spars,gutsy little birds,good luck manning yours mate

• Like 1