Mews/weigh Room For Sparrowhawk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been busy on this little project while the Mrs is in Nice with the kids. So home alone & my only guilty pleasure has been working all day undisturbed! Haha.....   It's not finished yet, but

Posted Images

Use to do a lot of car hawking for magpies with a friend of mine,got some great flights on camera,often took up to 4/5 magpies a day,we used to drive around all the geeen areas in housing estates and in around graveyards etc.think I have some still pictures I took of the camera somewhere,I'll see can I route them out

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

nice one smasher.

any progress on your mews accip74 and when are you,picking up your sparrowhawk.?

A bit of progress mate, done some work on the inside like the shelf/loop perch. As for getting it, I find out tonight actually......it's a bit of a worry, he only had males up to last Friday, with only 4 more chicks to sex. If he has a female in the last clutch its mine, if not, It may not happen this year :-(

Here's a couple of pics of the inside, I'm still not quite happy with the perch & Ive already made some adjustments since these pics were taken. The whole shelf will be filled with sand, about 4" over the artificial grass. & I still have to clad the outside ;-)

post-89484-0-16294700-1499182039_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-64506400-1499182271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2

any news on the chick yet.?

It's not looking good at the mo', he's had a really bad year, with many unhatched & looking like he may have only males? Not 100% yet, but sure enough for him to be asking a mate about another clutch for me. Fcukng typical!!

Alls not lost just yet.....