Sign in to follow this  
Accip74

Mews/weigh Room For Sparrowhawk

I've been busy on this little project while the Mrs is in Nice with the kids. So home alone & my only guilty pleasure has been working all day undisturbed! Haha.....

It's not finished yet, but this is the story so far......

post-89484-0-21888600-1495137916_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-56539400-1495137947_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-52371700-1495138031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 8

It still has to be clad & all the interior still needs work....

post-89484-0-58180100-1495138148_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-13283300-1495138169_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-55996600-1495138195_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice one mate. Get more pics up

Cheers....I will when I get it clad ;-)

smart.i like to see a bit of pride in somebody work.lets see some photo's of the sparrow hawk.

smart.i like to see a bit of pride in somebody work.lets see some photo's of the sparrow hawk.

Thanks.....When I get the spar I'll put some pics up ;-)

• Like 1

You look tiny ..

NICe work

You look tiny ..

NICe work

You got all that done while the mrs is away with the kids :icon_eek: ....has she left you ? ............stone the crows it would take me 6 months to do that much.

Looks good and some nice looking land around you......always been a bit of a regret of mine that i never committed to a little set up like that have you had birds before Accip or you starting from scratch ?

How does that work with the mews will that be joined to the room or part of it ?....keep whacking the pictures up mate its good seeing these little projects come together.

• Like 1

You got all that done while the mrs is away with the kids :icon_eek: ....has she left you ? ............stone the crows it would take me 6 months to do that much.

Looks good and some nice looking land around you......always been a bit of a regret of mine that i never committed to a little set up like that have you had birds before Accip or you starting from scratch ?

How does that work with the mews will that be joined to the room or part of it ?....keep whacking the pictures up mate its good seeing these little projects come together.

All the stuff in the first pics were done before they went on Tuesday. I had the roof delivered Tuesday afternoon & got it on that night after a lot of huffing & puffing! Since then I've just filled in the rest.....

Yes I've had hawks before mate, Harris & Goshawks hawks, but I've just had a forced break of about 4 years.........life just got in the way...;-)

The hawk will be kept on the left hand side on a large shelf about waist height or so, off the floor........the other side will be work tops, storage etc. This will be mainly night quarters & of course used when I'm not about, but hopefully the hawk will mainly be tethered outside during the day. Eventually I will probably partition it down the middle.

Cheers ;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

You look tiny ..

NICe work

No the mews is just really big!!

I think that tiny guy might be chid haha he must been helping

• Like 2

Aggressive hunters spars the pit bull of the hawks great on magpies good luck with her you imprinting

• Like 1