• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's no good Phil , the plastic one stretch, I've a metal on hear if you want to borrow it , And you could always send the dog out with the hook end in its mouth out to wards the rabbits , I sure

http://www.customriflescopes.com/shop.html#!/Rangefinders/c/13698432/offset=0&sort=priceDesc

my mate uses one of these, i struggle with it a bit but I've not got the best eye sight!! hes more than happy with it and it works well for him p125473-hawke-hunter-400m-compact-laser-rangefinder-41

Posted Images

I've not long bought one of these - it's an NV rangefinder but it works just as well in daylight :thumbs:

have you got a link to that jon?!

cheers

I don't know how to post a link mate.

..... If you Google 'Custom Rifle Scopes UK', It's on their website :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've not long bought one of these - it's an NV rangefinder but it works just as well in daylight :thumbs:

cheers

cheers jon... looks a useful bit of kit :thumbs:

shop.html

• Like 1

cheers

cheers jon... looks a useful bit of kit :thumbs:

shop.html

That's the kiddy :thumbs:

It's a good bit of kit - I'm trying to get used to using it at night - I struggle with those types on NV that I have to look through - I use the screen types for all of my night shooting.

This would definitely benefit from having a T20 attached if it was going to be used as a spotter.

• Like 1

I bought one of these but from a UK seller about 2.5 years ago, perfect.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Visionking-6x25-Laser-Range-Finder-Golf-Hunting-600m-Measure-Monocular-Telescope-/262993277315?hash=item3d3b9ef183:g:9~AAAOSwvzRX1kfE

The NV one that Jon has posted is used by a number of guys on another forum with all saying they are really good and I do believe they can be used in daylight as well. I am thinking of buying one for NV use although I confess that I am impressed with the NiteSite NV range finder but £250 :censored:

This one has me confused as I am certain it is a daylight only range finder BUT if it can be used with an IR torch, then it has to be the best value NV range finder on the market today by a long way. I am going to contact them for more information.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-End-600-M-Handheld-Night-Vision-Telescope-Laser-Monocular-Outdoor-Finder-UK/272650240785?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D43781%26meid%3Dd797bb2020764b01bc773a96e3884230%26pid%3D100508%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

Phil

Edited by philpot

I have sent a message Dave and got an auto answer as they will not be back until Monday so I will keep you posted but I doubt it will work even with an IR illuminator. The other posted by Jon works well but twice the price.

Phil

I have sent a message Dave and got an auto answer as they will not be back until Monday so I will keep you posted but I doubt it will work even with an IR illuminator. The other posted by Jon works well but twice the price.

Phil

I saw that Phil - I'll be kicking myself if yours works in the dark mate :rolleyes::thumbs:

I am pretty sure it will not work in the dark Jon because I have seen the same unit being sold just as a range finder for golf..........................we will wait and see.

I use the NiteSite screen system Jon and the strap on range finder they make is superb, I had a demo in a darkroom tunnel at the recent show, only 22mts but any slight movement up and down the darkroom showed really well and with a screen NV it is just so easy to see the target and the laser strobe in the screen, just read off the distance right next to the screen, very very impressed but the price.......

I am thinking of selling my Nitesite Viper and replace it with the Viper R-Tec plus the range finder as a package. Some RFDs will do a part ex with the NiteSite gear so food for thought but not yet as I have just bought two new shotguns this weekend..................fcuk, must stop this, only one for me though and one for Tricia, the boss.

Phil

• Like 1

I am pretty sure it will not work in the dark Jon because I have seen the same unit being sold just as a range finder for golf..........................we will wait and see.

I use the NiteSite screen system Jon and the strap on range finder they make is superb, I had a demo in a darkroom tunnel at the recent show, only 22mts but any slight movement up and down the darkroom showed really well and with a screen NV it is just so easy to see the target and the laser strobe in the screen, just read off the distance right next to the screen, very very impressed but the price.......

I am thinking of selling my Nitesite Viper and replace it with the Viper R-Tec plus the range finder as a package. Some RFDs will do a part ex with the NiteSite gear so food for thought but not yet as I have just bought two new shotguns this weekend..................fcuk, must stop this, only one for me though and one for Tricia, the boss.

Phil

I've looked at that aswell mate - I agree, excellent kit but, bloody pricy :o

There's another similar bit of kit on that Custom Rifle Scopes UK. It works in exactly the same way. It's not as polished as the NS add-on but, it is cheaper :thumbs:

...... I'll be having a serious look at it if I can't start getting on with this one.

The one you mean from CRSUK is very similar to the NiteSite but there is no room to mount one on the Mamba Lite scopes which are on all my guns whereas the NiteSite version has a direct fitment to the screen unit but as you say at a price. Sometimes you have to buy in to the system to get a complete package that works well.

David, I am moving away from the Hatsan auto and replacing it with a Sabatti o/u, a quick handling 28'' gun for hide work but I tried it on trap targets yesterday and it worked far better than I expected. It is a cheap little gun that is likely to get a few knocks in the hide so no new guns for that job but it really handles well and will be even better when I extend the stock a touch and add a recoil pad.

The other gun is for my wife, Trish and that is a Browning 325 Grade 3 in 30'', stunning gun with nice wood and engraving.

I will post a photo when I have a minute to take a photo.

Skint again.

Phil

Ah, now that is interesting Dave because I had never heard of them until I did a little research and found them to be part of the FIAS group and they made the Browning Medalist some years ago. From what I have read, they are a small Italian gunmaker that has been on the go since 1670 just not well known in the export market.

I have to be very honest and say that a 28'' gun is not something I like but this little gun although shorter in the stock than I would use, it just felt a nice little number and with external chokes which I far prefer so we will see how she performs over the coming months but it is good to hear that you have one and like it.

I think my model is the Artemide but have not transferred the gun to me yet as I have just kept borrowing it from the RFD, sorting it on Monday / Tuesday so will check the model then.

Very strange using an auto safety after perhaps 40 years and may well get that altered to manual safety.

Phil

• Like 1