A Nice Way To Spend The Afternoon..........

I wasn't feeling too good this morning - I've had a long run of days at work and, the beers went down easy last night.

..... I woke up feeling a little fragile and, I had stock take today - great :(

I got stock take done by 1pm and thought f**k it, I'm going shooting :thumbs:

I gave my shooting buddy a shout and arranged to meet him and young Harry at the big manor house permission.

They got there an hour after me which suited me fine - I had a nice quiet look around some old woodland in the small copse for a while :thumbs:

Soon, the 3 of us were on the prowl for squirrels - I took the HW100, Mark had his S510 and Harry had the Superten.

We were really just walking the woods and, taking the squirrels as we found them - we ended up with 5 in total from a couple of hours - 1 each for me and Mark and 3 for Harry - the lad's stuck with the .22 FTTs and Napier power pellet lube that I found work so well in that Superten. He took 2 with very loud head shots and, 1 awkward 1 right through the armpit :thumbs:

The shot of the day has to go to Mark - he took his high up a big tree with a freehand standing shot, just in front of the ear - I couldn't even see the thing.

I asked him if he'd hit it, he lowered his rifle and said 'yes, it'll be down in a sec'. We stood there looking up, then we saw it falling, it hit the ground with an almighty thump and, it must have bounced back up about 4ft - The cocky f****r :laugh:

I'm going to have a word about putting some feeders up soon - I reckon this place would be good for it :yes:

post-102688-0-43967600-1495131947_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't feeling too good this morning - I've had a long run of days at work and, the beers went down easy last night. ..... I woke up feeling a little fragile and, I had stock take today - great

It's not me Dave - the owners gave me this note :laugh:         ...... I got this one after you'd been down mate   But, today, I have been given a heads up about the next VHTV meet ...... t

Nice going mate

Posted Images

GOOD SHOOTING LADS , AND SOME CRACKING GROUND TO SHOOT OVER

ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE A SHOOTING BUDDY WITH YOU SHARPENS YOUR SHOOTING UP NO END !

MIKE ☺

Cheers Mike :thumbs:

I've been lucky to get this permission - the place is so varied and, it's huge.

• Like 1

f**k it, I'm going shooting :thumbs:

thats the ticket jon, nice one lads

Cheers mate :thumbs:

I really needed the walk and fresh air today :yes:

I've got a stiff neck from looking up into the trees all the time now though :rolleyes::laugh:

Nice shooting lads and nice write up :thumbs:

atb Mark

Cheers Mark :thumbs:

I was telling Harry about your deep fried squirrel - the gutty little shit took the lot home :laugh:

..... We didn't mind though - it's nice that he's that interested :good:

Jon, I kid you not mate :nono: .

Once you have tried deep fried squirrel, you will always take your squirrel home.

Way, way, nicer than chicken.

atb Mark

I read somewhere that the yanks like em so much they're limited to two per day in some places.