Missouri Earth Dog Trial

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no problem as i see if this is the way the americans do there shows...after all the americans have imported there stock from england mostly for big bucks... its not like any sensible terrier

Answer to your first question as a man who has sat on the IWTF Committee.... of course not... it's highly illegal in Ireland,,, but if its legal in other countries I personally would not knock it, es

If it suits them to do it that way, what harm. Trials were held in the past in Ireland that were only slightly better for sounders. 5 minutes barking at quarry in a tunnel (Shore) for a certificate.

Posted Images

If it suits them to do it that way, what harm.

Trials were held in the past in Ireland that were only slightly better for sounders.

5 minutes barking at quarry in a tunnel (Shore) for a certificate.

But they were a social occasion as well. Before the internet and mobile phones a way to meet up.

If there are people who are wiling to get out there ratting, trials, bushing it is all good IMO.

Maybe not what I want to do, but every man to his own poison.

• Like 4

Trials were held in the past in Ireland that were only slightly better for sounders.

But they were a social occasion as well. Before the internet and mobile phones a way to meet up.

If there are people who are wiling to get out there ratting, trials, bushing it is all good IMO.

I agree that the trial for sounders were poor but it wasn't a rat and it wasn't in a cage and terriers often failed.

• Like 1

Just looked it up its embarrassing,going up a box to tunnel to a pet rat in a cage.

you should look it up again. There is alot more stuff then that. And when your not hunting what are your dogs doing? Nothing? It's better then having dogs and only taking them out when and if you hunt. The more the dog does and sees only makes him stronger mentaly. No harm in having fun with your dogs.
  • Like 2

Just looked it up its embarrassing,going up a box to tunnel to a pet rat in a cage.

you should look it up again. There is alot more stuff then that. And when your not hunting what are your dogs doing? Nothing? It's better then having dogs and only taking them out when and if you hunt. The more the dog does and sees only makes him stronger mentaly. No harm in having fun with your dogs.

They were not hunting dogs,they were fanny lickers,if one of them got a thorn in his face the owner would have a stroke.

• Like 1

I agree that the trial for sounders were poor but it wasn't a rat and it wasn't in a cage and terriers often failed.
that's not all the show is neil, there is alot of different things you can sign your dog up for. It's called a show, people having fun with there dog's and meeting other's. It's not hunting, Lmao!! It's called letting your dogs have fun. When you guys don't hunt your dog's they gotta be bored out of there minds! Some of you are just so hardcore, Lol,

They were not hunting dogs,they were fanny lickers,if one of them got a thorn in his face the owner would have a stroke.
there is show people that don't hunt and that is there problem. But then there are alot of folks that actually do hunt and do the show's for fun, something to do and to meet up with friends. Nothing wrong with that.better then being lazy and doing nothing with your dog's when there not hunting.

Listen i never been to one of these show's, and yes there are idiot's there but there are also some serouis hunting folks that go for the fun and to hang out with friends. It gives there dog's something to do besides sitting in a kennel. Is it a event that shows if your dog is a good hunter? Hell no it's not. Only hunting can show you that. Do i think it's a waste of time having fun with your dog? NO I DON'T. What do you do with your dog's when there not out hunting? Flirt pole? Play ball? Walk the woods? WHat? Im gonna assume they sit in there kennels bored off there ass.??

• Like 1

First off im not promoting it. Never been to one. Asked a simple question if anyone heard of this man. And that video only showed a couple things that goes on at the show. And never said it was the best thing in the world.

Dogs don't need fun...they need work in the season...if they are worked and tested enough then I'm sure they be glad of the rest lol,atb dc

cool so when there not hunting there sitting in there kennels doing nothing. Nice!