Only Charging Up To 160 Bar.... Any Ideas?

When I had my Daystate Regal fitted with one of Carl's Airtech regulators, he told me the rifle's pressure guage will no longer read variable-fill bar pressure in the cylinder. The needle now remains fixed in a position at about 120-bar regardless of how much you fill it and use it by. But the rifle's a bloody beauty in performance now, and that's good enough for me. :thumbs:

Could this have something to do with yours Stoater? :hmm:

It's your bottle, not enough pressure in it to blow up to 200. Put an inline gauge on your bottle and I'll bet it only blows up to 160, if your guns were out, why are they both blowing up to the same pressure as your bottle, Si is right to a point, if damp air is used to blow up your bottle, the gauge used on the bottle filler will read full, that's because dry air compresses more than air with moisture in it. Turn your bottle upside down, not connected to your gun, and blow a stream of air at a dry paving slab or some thing like that and see if it leaves a moist patch, if it does your air in your bottle is to damp to blow up past 160.

• Like 1

It's your bottle, not enough pressure in it to blow up to 200. Put an inline gauge on your bottle and I'll bet it only blows up to 160, if your guns were out, why are they both blowing up to the same pressure as your bottle, Si is right to a point, if damp air is used to blow up your bottle, the gauge used on the bottle filler will read full, that's because dry air compresses more than air with moisture in it. Turn your bottle upside down, not connected to your gun, and blow a stream of air at a dry paving slab or some thing like that and see if it leaves a moist patch, if it does your air in your bottle is to damp to blow up past 160.

no-ones ever accused me of being a physicist stealthy :laugh: its jon's brain child!!

but i can make some awesome things with saltpetre and copper sulphate :icon_eek:

Just blew air from air bottle upside down onto a dry sandstone paving slab..... no damp patch. Both rifle gauges AND bottle gauge all zip up to 160 no problem, still won't go over that. Can't be the regulator as my HW100 is standard. Seems that all gauges working ok, as they all read the same. Looks like the problem is the bottle. But it does not seem to be a lack of air, or damp air.

If the bottle is leaking I'm sure by now it will be empty or at least you will notice the leak .

I'm pretty sure the pressure in your dive bottle is equalizing with the pressure in your rifles ,hence you can't put any more air in

Mike

He hasn't filled your bottle to as full as you thought. Simples.

Do you have a blanking plug for your bottle end ? If so put it on and check the gauge.

I've got one for my Q/F so I can check what pressure is left in my bottle

He hasn't filled your bottle to as full as you thought. Simples.

Do you have a blanking plug for your bottle end ? If so put it on and check the gauge.

I've got one for my Q/F so I can check what pressure is left in my bottle

Totally agree Bry, the blanking plug is a very handy little tool, I leave mine plugged in to the whip so to keep the dirt out as well but not under pressure of course.

Phil

• Like 1