Acid Reflux

Guest Ronny

Guest Ronny

There's a load of good advice on here.really appriate it .I've cut out most things including chocolate .which I crave lol.the symptoms I have is constantly swallowing sumthing just below Adams apple .which will be acid .I don't get pain.in morning I have really dry mouth.at work if it's bad I get sore dry throat .but eat either Rennie's or gavo tablets

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suffered from same thing, had camera down throat they discovered an ulcer and had a course of tablets for helio bacter, I now take 150mg ranitadine tablet twice a day never suffered from it since an

when I got the camera down my throat they told told me the diameter of it was 8mm and just to continually swallow, my f@ck it felt as if I was swallowing the garden hose

I was going to spare Ronny the details   Yes it is like that....never again

I was supposed to have the camera but didnt fancy it. I can control my gerd if im sensible. No ones puting that down my neck to say oh il increase your omeprazole.

if you think that bad , have it up your arse , christ it fookin painful :yes: . the 1st time i had done that down throat , no t to bad as spray your throat, then put you on your side , and the tub=camera slips down, only few mins then out. Now up the arse they put (air) into your lower bowel , they do that so camera will pass through easy, well they did it , and removed 4 polyps from me, they were ok nothing bad about them, and it was a woman doctor and woman nurse .Now i had to have it done again ,because they removed those polyps , so thought ok no prob .Now this is at different hospital , as ive mover to new place/ area .Well it was black doctor and a white nurse this time, put the tube in me arse blew up the air in me , then started , but feckn hell it was killing me , he was hurting me i told him , he said you got to hold on best as you can , well i give it another 3mins , then i was going to jump of the table , nurse told me to calm down and relax . that twat was rough and didnt give a fook about me or what he did to his patients , i told him another minute of this , and told him i put him in the A E :yes: . It put me off this procedure for ever, the 1st time the women were careful with you, this black prat did not give a toss :censored: . ps use omeprazole , cut down on beer , fags, greasy food,

Lol my dad had em up the arse he said it wasnt a good exsperience

Yes thought that mate .eat loads of fruit now .Kp off white bread etc.have 1,dirty day a week.also drink water a lot. Any recommendations for sort of diet plan I should stick to ?

I don't think loads of fruit is a good idea its very acidy

Has anyone recommended that? I never drink orange juice or anything like that

also full of fructose, a natural sugar that's not great in big amounts, as a mate of mine discovered when he tried addressing his diabetes with a diet of fruit and sent his readings through the roof
  • Like 1

Like a lot of lads have said on here. Cutback/eliminate sugar, caffeiene, and processed foods. No pop. No beer. No bread. Eat as much fresh food (fruit and veg) as you can. Keep your cuts of meat lean.

Does caffeine actually affect your stomach? I don't think I could give up tea :cray:

Have you tried switching to green tea? I just a have normal tea hit first thing in the morning & then rest of the day green tea.

You soon get used to it......;-)

Like a lot of lads have said on here. Cutback/eliminate sugar, caffeiene, and processed foods. No pop. No beer. No bread. Eat as much fresh food (fruit and veg) as you can. Keep your cuts of meat lean.

Does caffeine actually affect your stomach? I don't think I could give up tea :cray:

Have you tried switching to green tea? I just a have normal tea hit first thing in the morning & then rest of the day green tea.

You soon get used to it......;-)

Might try decaf but it is a bit rank

What a joy eh....no fags, no booze & no tea :laugh: Think I could do the first two before giving up tea and that's saying something

Guest Ronny

Decaf is shite. But I drink it now .I like green tea it's not that bad .don't miss fags at all and feel ten times better.drink is once every blue moon.I.m gonna try full diet change because I hate being tablet dependent.

• Like 2

Of all the reflux tabs i found Ranitidine the best....i take it you have had it diagnosed as acid reflux ?......i only say that as at its worst it can be a similar type of pain to angina so if you havent already had that ruled out then you should.....as regards Endoscopies i had the sedative and was like a big girl snot and spit everywhere but next time had the spray and it was a piece of piss i dont know why they even offer the sedative i dont know anyone whos preferred it.

Edited by gnasher16

I was supposed to have the camera but didnt fancy it. I can control my gerd if im sensible. No ones puting that down my neck to say oh il increase your omeprazole.

if you think that bad , have it up your arse , christ it fookin painful :yes: . the 1st time i had done that down throat , no t to bad as spray your throat, then put you on your side , and the tub=camera slips down, only few mins then out. Now up the arse they put (air) into your lower bowel , they do that so camera will pass through easy, well they did it , and removed 4 polyps from me, they were ok nothing bad about them, and it was a woman doctor and woman nurse .Now i had to have it done again ,because they removed those polyps , so thought ok no prob .Now this is at different hospital , as ive mover to new place/ area .Well it was black doctor and a white nurse this time, put the tube in me arse blew up the air in me , then started , but feckn hell it was killing me , he was hurting me i told him , he said you got to hold on best as you can , well i give it another 3mins , then i was going to jump of the table , nurse told me to calm down and relax . that twat was rough and didnt give a fook about me or what he did to his patients , i told him another minute of this , and told him i put him in the A E :yes: . It put me off this procedure for ever, the 1st time the women were careful with you, this black prat did not give a toss :censored: . ps use omeprazole , cut down on beer , fags, greasy food,

fk that , drink gin sorts out plenty probs :thumbs:

Edited by green lurchers