Mixing Non Neutered Hob With Natured Jill And Natured Hob.

I got given a neutered hob and jill last weekend someone didn't want, they said they were pets fed only on dry food and can't be handled because they bite. I already have a working intire hob, had him about 2 years. He's about 5 now. They've been in separate cages but next to each other for a week now and keep "dooking"! Anyway I let them all play together the intire hob tried to shag the jill but she put him in his place and he stopped trying straight away, the natured hob let's him do what he wants to him. Is it safe yet to put them all together or will they fight when I'm Not there? At the moment they have 2 hours together all playing when I get home from work and I put them in aerate cages at night? Thanks for any advice

The 2 hours they have together there fine no fighting just playing. The jill nips still but it's a playfully nip, the hob I got is completely fine he just wants to be held. They never let them out the cage the year they had them. I've given them rabbit and pigeon so far and he will let me hold him as long as I want. She is a c##t she let's me hold her to get her out then tries to bite so I drop her and she can run away. Any advice on letting me hold her longer would help 2 thanks

i would get ready to scruff it or stick your finger down it's throat as you said you know when to expect it.

Dropping it or letting it go after it biting you is letting it do what it wants.

If your scared of getting bit put some gloves on but don't put it down or let it go if it bites or you will be rewarding bad behaviour.

Edited by Micheala Robinson

You put them together your entire hobs going to bum the other hob , just do what your doing feed them handle them by the end of the summer there should be no biting and you can put them all together when the darker nights stops them coming into season

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i would get ready to scruff it or stick your finger down it's throat as you said you know when to expect it.

Dropping it or letting it go after it biting you is letting it do what it wants.

If your scared of getting bit put some gloves on but don't put it down or let it go if it bites or you will be rewarding bad behaviour.

I'm not scared of getting bit she had done it a few times I think it's because they never held her. I've now tried the finger in the mouth and scruff on the neck, she ignores it and carrys on biting. I've tried feeding her first then holding her, let her have a few hours playing in the shed doing her own thing then trying to hold her aswell. She will let me pick her up but then tries to bite to let me drop her like I said before but no I don't let go just take the bite and all the things I've tried like mentioned but she won't stop. The new hob and my full hob get on like a house on fire. She won't have them near her or me at all. When I got them they were fed on dry food, nearly bald and what hair they did have was like wire. I've fed them raw git there hair and nails like they should be, the new ferret court will be ready in 2 weeks I'm hoping if she can run about all day constantly and being held every day should change her

Keep at it mate, maybe try little strips of meat by hand in the run and make her sit up to beg for it. Trying to get her to associate you with the food supply. It works for kits but i've never tried it on a wild adult.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1