Pistol...humane Killer

Weihrauch Arminius HW3 Revolver 2 Shot .22 LR Pistol, or HW5.

I'm after a new .22lr, 2 shot, humane pistol (revolver).

Anyone got one of the above or any experience with it, or frankly does anyone have any suggestions of a new .22lr, 2 shot humane pistol please?

Cheers

Edited by Deker

Deker I didn't realise you could use .22lr for dispatch. I always understood it was .32 upwards, admittedly this may be for deer?

A .22LR is more than enough for most things we come across on a day to day basis, and there is no legislation that says .32 Upwards. Indeed a S&W .32, or even a .32Long are generally less powerful than a .22HV, even though they are a bigger bullet.

As regards deer, since this, The Regulatory Reform (Deer) (England and Wales) Order 2007 you can use almost anything to humanely dispatch a deer.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

knew I'd seen reference to .32 cal somewhere, taken from BASC website

"The Home Office Guidance recommends that handguns for humane dispatch start at a baseline of .32 and are restricted to one or two shots. This means that once the applicant has satisfied the good reason for the grant of a handgun, he then has the opportunity to make the case for a handgun other than a .32. The cases of Goodman, Newton, Palmer and Hall, and that of Jeans –v- Chief Constable Northern Constabulary (2005) establish that in those particular instances deerstalkers have been able to make the case for other handguns than the .32."

knew I'd seen reference to .32 cal somewhere, taken from BASC website

"The Home Office Guidance recommends that handguns for humane dispatch start at a baseline of .32 and are restricted to one or two shots. This means that once the applicant has satisfied the good reason for the grant of a handgun, he then has the opportunity to make the case for a handgun other than a .32. The cases of Goodman, Newton, Palmer and Hall, and that of Jeans –v- Chief Constable Northern Constabulary (2005) establish that in those particular instances deerstalkers have been able to make the case for other handguns than the .32."

Home Office Guide 2015

13.38 says.......... ".....it is suggested a .32 single (or 2 shot) revolver is suitable for most circumstances.........."

That of course is a guide, and the wording simply says, it is suggested a .32 single (or 2 shot) revolver is suitable for most circumstances. It doesn't prohibit anything, and as before, regards deer, under The Regulatory Reform (Deer) (England and Wales) Order 2007 you can use almost anything to humanely dispatch a deer.

A .22LR HV is commonly more powerful than a .32 S&W energy wise, so I guess .32 comes BELOW .22LR on that basis. Whichever, I am part of TV Police Humane Animal Dispatch team, and they have no problem with a .22LR used appropriately.

My .22 pistol condition reads........ The .22RF 2 shot Revolver shall be used only in connection with the HUMANE KILLING OF ANIMALS...... (capitals as on FAC).

Hope that helps.

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

How do sparky87 how do you find the 410 in terms of dispatch work? I've been looking for one for quite a while now and have seen these ones at York guns but am a little worried it may be a bit bulky for terrier work.

The ,410 is a Adler got a nice pistol grip on it easy to use and folds to a decent size just not as conveinient as the .22 on your belt

Taurus Judge 3 inch shot pistol?

Not sure how it complies with UK legislation with regards to the definition of a shotgun and barrel length, although I have heard it mentioned on stalking forums before.

The judge will fire both .410 shotshells and slugs, and .45 Colt / ACP. No reason in theory why a RFD couldn't reduce the mag to 2 shots provided the Judge was UK legal. You then have the option of .410 shotshell or .410 slug, with a .410 ammo restriction on the licence, or .410 shotshell if slugs are not conditioned. Somehow I doubt BB's from a 2.5" or 3" .410 from point blank will fail to despatch humanely.

There are lots of reviews on Youtube as it's sold in the US mainly for self defence. However, here's a sample one, I'm sure you can find the rest. First stage is check it's UK legal for despatch!

Manufacturer's link: http://www.taurususa.com/hot_items_judges.cfm

Smith and Wesson make a similar handgun called "The Governor" although that's 2.5" only.

Edited by Alsone

I've been looking for a .410 shot pistol for ages ideally one that's nice and compact I did talk to my FAO about the judge and was told that it wasn't allowed because it has a rifled barrel a d is classed as a 45.

• Like 1

Anyone got one of the above or any experience with it, or frankly does anyone have any suggestions of a new .22lr, 2 shot humane pistol please?

Cheers

Mike collins in dorset has a taurus with 4" barrell for £350. Thats where mine came from . www.mikethegun.co.uk

Cheers

Mike collins in dorset has a taurus with 4" barrell for £350. Thats where mine came from . www.mikethegun.co.uk

Cheers

Just spoken to him and he is ok to convert it to two shot, but I was more thinking about a New pistol.

Edited by Deker