Dog Names....what's Yours​?

Best dog I ever owned was called Jaff, but aquired the name 'Cakes', short for 'Babycakes' - who was a character in a Vietnam war book I was reading at the time who was completely fearless in battle and would go into any fight against the odds without giving a fckc for yhe consequences.

That was this dog to a T. When I got him home, the first thing he did was to pick a scrap with the only other male dog I had at that time, who was about 4 or 5 years old. Needless to say the pup, who was not much over 4 months, got a fair old pasting for his trouble. So that was that I thought. Not a bit of it. The next time I let all the dogs out together for a run, in he dives again, and again he gets rolled. But by about the 4th or 5th time this happened the older dog seemed to get sickened by the whole business and the pup, from pure gameness, had established himself as top dog.

I loved old Cakes to bits. He turned out to be the best all-round working dog that I was ever privileged to own. Not a fault, really.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine is called Steve after my dad lost my dad to cancer the same week I picked my Wheaton bull greyhound pup up so thought it was only right atb longers01

"Oi" "Noooo" "Sorry mate" "For f**k sake" My dogs answer to all of the above!

I always name my pups same letter as sire/dam-tiny-pups twist,tanner,tuppence -dogs all start with a b-big bud,barney,bomber,banjo etc-anything I buy in or gifted I let the kids name -rosie Lee and ol

Posted Images