Scabbed And Bleeding Paws And Between Toes.

That sounds identical to my dog Dilly. If you touch or squeezed the area it would bleed. I got a number of different diagnosis' from ring worm to demodectic mange to a fungal infection? I'm not sure what it was but I was glad to see the back of it.

I'll give that a try mate, it's all but gone but I'll put it on all the same

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Living the good life, two hiding out of the sun, no contact with anything but water

Try neat benzyl benzoate ... rub it in to badly infected areas and allow to dry naturally Available online with instructions . Th.

It looks like my terrier at his worst, it'll be a secondary infection in the skin, mine could hardly walk. Try the cefalexin, it made a big difference. He bled from the smallest knock or bang, even

Posted Images

I've got one just the same, I gave him a course of cefalexin 250 mg twice a day on advice from the vet. I bath him in tea tree wash once a week and together they've sorted it out. He was tender on his feet, he stopped walking out and looked uncomfortable on them before I spotted it.

He never showed any signs before this nasty indecent, he's still not 100 % but he's happy on his feet again and the furs all but grown back.

Did u have to get the cefalexin from the vet or can you buy them elsewhere?

I got them off the vet mate, easy enough to get though.

I don't keep my terriers in a run, they don't come into contact with bleach. It's one dog out of eight, that's the confusing thing, there's no common dominator

• 3 months later...

He had eight weeks of panomec, once a day at 0.6 ml !

I had my doubts, especially when he said give it orally, I thought it would be the end of him. He's back to 100% he's happy in himself and he's back in work lol.

I found another tip online, I was spraying his feet with apple cider vinegar at a 50/50 dilution with water. I don't know if it helped but he's back to himself and I'm glad I did everything I could, I remember when it was a death sentence for a dog back in the day

• Like 1

Any ideas what this might be. The owner has been to the vets and treated the dog for mange,straw mites, changed the bedding from straw to bedsheets, used steroids,antibiotics,advocate twice, ecomectin, camrosa ointment ,alamycin and changed diet from a mixture of dognuts,brown bread,meat, tripe and table scraps to medicated nuts for dogs with skin conditions and then back to raw only all with no avail. The condition flairs up worse occasionally and travels up the legs into belly chest and tail but is constant in the feet. The back and head are reasonably clear and coat is good and shiny but if you went to hand strip the dog the skin would tear off with the hair and bleed.

it does look like manage. Especially if it travels once in a awhile up the body.ive seen that in some pits. And all dog's have it but one with a weak amune system it will flair up. Like when the dog stress out. Over here we give evermectin for that and don't breed that ever again. And dilly dog I can see the apple cider vinegar working also. Folks use that stuff for all kinds of stuff. Had a friend with a few warts and burnt them right off his body. Gotta watch and know your mixer or you could def burn the skin. But it's like a cure all. Weird. If they only did a skin scrapping when get a blood test done and go to a dermatologist for dog's. My one dog had a problem and the regular vet couldn't figure it out so I went to one and they did.
  • Like 1