Hunting With Classic Air Rifles

i mark these were and still are quality rifles were right up there in their day proper shooting and we were all a lot younger in those days then we went soft and got pcp's no recoil and no soul just machines i,ve just bought an oringinal 45 in.177 a gun i tuned about 20 odd years ago still shoots great 11.3 ft lbs and is a hunk of a gun really enjoy your write ups

thanks bsasuperten

• Like 1

i mark these were and still are quality rifles were right up there in their day proper shooting and we were all a lot younger in those days then we went soft and got pcp's no recoil and no soul just machines i,ve just bought an oringinal 45 in.177 a gun i tuned about 20 odd years ago still shoots great 11.3 ft lbs and is a hunk of a gun really enjoy your write ups

thanks bsasuperten

There you go Mark, at last someone who like your reports mate............................................................. :D just kidding

Phil

• Like 1

thanks bsasuperten

There you go Mark, at last someone who like your reports mate............................................................. :D just kidding

Phil

Thanks,

​"POP`S" :laugh: :feck: X

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Nice shooting with the old FWBs. This has got me itching to get mine out and give it a go again. Its a Sport 127 which I've had since the mid eighties. A few years a go it was given a new spring and seals. It originally came with a Nikko Stirling 4x40 WA scope but this has now been fitted to my lads old BSA Meteor. I've just ordered a set of high profile mounts so I can fit a slightly larger (56mm) scope onto it.

I was wondering what you consider to be the best pellets for this rifle based on the ones that are available today?

Regards

Chris

Aye up Chris :bye: ,

I`ve been using Falcon Accuracy Plus to very good effect.

13.78 g, 4.52 they hit hard and are very accurate indeed. Watch the old piston seal/ main spring Chris, it ends up a "must do" job on the classic FWB`s.

What a gun though when it`s done :thumbs:

JSB Exact is another ( same pellet some say) ?

Post some pics in our "make do classic section" :icon_redface::laugh:

atb Mark

• 1 month later...