Jesses

tenbob

Hi mate

If you want leather jesses then making your own is very simple & something you should at least try once.

However, if you want quality braided jesses then most of the big falconry suppliers supply these now. I'd recommend trying both to see what you prefer. Atb

• Like 2

As Accip74 stated, you should have a go at making your own equipment.

By making your own equipment means it should fit better as it is made to measure so to speak.

I had one female Gos that resented being held by short jesses so I just made hers longer.

The small male I flew I always had short flying jesses on.

Its the same with anklets. You can try different thicknesses and diameters depending on the hawk.

The hard part is getting good leather..LOL

Hi making your own is quite easy and you can practice on some crap leather as a play about. With length its up to you but I have see a Harris with long jesses stuck up where the jesses had whipped around a thin branch. Not sure what experience you have but I found playing with and knowing kit is always a good thing.

All the best

Lee C

• 2 weeks later...

Just make or buy some permanent flying jesses/straps then you are always ready to fly by just removing the mews jesses, nice thin straps get hard with wear and should never tangle, if you get stuck, send me some anklets, I will make you a pair and fit them for you, but they are so easy to make, get a decent quality hole punch though mate.