Who Feeds What??

Eventually would like to feed raw but for the minute feeding complete with meat trays. Just wondering people's opinions on foods good and bad, issues had with foods if any. I,e shits ect..

also other than feeding more food opinion on sure fire ways for pup to bulk up. Been to vet today for ladt jabs and dogs pup Wright on since last time she was there but not enuff they say and she does look a little thin. Got to go bk in a month for another weigh in, if her weight isn't progressing as it should they r gonna run tests.

Can you put picture up? Does she eat up ok? Do you break feeds up or just one feed? What breed or breeds are in her? Is it warm where she lives/sleeps. Pups burn a lot to keep warm so need High calory foods,also goats milk is very good or multi milk by SCA. baby rusks are good. I dont like the sound of bulking up myself. Puppies should gain weight daily,and have a nice bit of fat under the skin,but they shouldnt look like bloaters.Weigh it yourself,dont rely on vets every few weeks. feed it as much as it will eat at any one sitting,from your hand if necessary and make it good quality mince beef from butchers and also boiled chicken. Tripe is also good and its high in fat. Make sure it gets quiet sleep time after feeding where its warm and cosy.

She's a brilliant eater mate we feed 3 times daily. She has gained weight since last visit but not what they would have expected.

she's a staff cross but not sure what with.

She has her crate next to radiator so should be cozy.

I'll try get pic to put up

fed my last 2 on mainly barf and the best looking and healthiest dogs ive ever had :thumbs: enough to clear in a short time, regular small amount is better than less larger if you can do it , mine were on 4 feeds a day for ages , dont want them fat but definatley want them with enough to grow healthy bodys ,if theres 2 much it will come out the other end , at least their bodys can take what it needs to develope just keep an eye on it

Can you put picture up? Does she eat up ok? Do you break feeds up or just one feed? What breed or breeds are in her? Is it warm where she lives/sleeps. Pups burn a lot to keep warm so need High calory foods,also goats milk is very good or multi milk by SCA. baby rusks are good. I dont like the sound of bulking up myself. Puppies should gain weight daily,and have a nice bit of fat under the skin,but they shouldnt look like bloaters.Weigh it yourself,dont rely on vets every few weeks. feed it as much as it will eat at any one sitting,from your hand if necessary and make it good quality mince beef from butchers and also boiled chicken. Tripe is also good and its high in fat. Make sure it gets quiet sleep time after feeding where its warm and cosy.

Tripe is low in fats and in protein and is only really any good for adult dogs as a filler added to their meats .... raw chicken is high in proteins which is what the pup needs to put weight on ... full fat goats milk and eggs are another good source of protein along with fish ...

Give the pup a worming with a good quality wormer then feed some natural yogurt to help clean the bacteria out of the pups gut then feed with the foods mentioned and she will start to put weight on ... there are other foods that will bang fals weight on but but chicken goats milk eggs and fish will put the correct muscle building proteins in place for the pup to develope nicely ......

• Like 1

Sorry I meant to say tripe is good for calcium not fat. I would only feed to some dogs for interest otherwise its not much use I agree. It does contain about 15% protien I think, so not enough as good food for puppies. Muscle meat inc beef chicken and lamb are best. I always boil chicken. Its supposed to be a bit deadly when raw.

Looking at the dog is better than scales imo. A puppy should look like a bundle of health. Scales are handy just to make sure it gains weight daily. Some dogs do need to eat more than others to gain and some less just like people. I had a 3/4 bull that needed nearly twice what you would expect for a dog of her size to keep her at decent weight. she had 4 to 5 meals a day as a pup so not to burst her with large meals as she didnt know when to stop.