Fox Terrier X Whippet

I think they'd be great.I'm going to breed my parsons with my 3/4 whippet 1/4 stag for rats,rabbits and foxes.If have a big litter the pig hunters will buy the others as they reckon their great on pigs in blackberry and thick stuff.

Fox terriers have short backs and a stiff jaunty gait, due to breed standard or at least how KC breeder pricks have interpreted the standard.

Also from the ones I've had close contact with they are a bit like miniature schnauzer's very alert but not much going on in the brain box, probably due to being bred for generations to do nothing much other than 'look alert'.

Not saying that many physical faults could be ironed out crossing with a whippet, if any blood can do that, it will be from a running dog.

They look attractive and well looked after pups.

Fox terriers have short backs and a stiff jaunty gait, due to breed standard or at least how KC breeder pricks have interpreted the standard.

Also from the ones I've had close contact with they are a bit like miniature schnauzer's very alert but not much going on in the brain box, probably due to being bred for generations to do nothing much other than 'look alert'.

Not saying that many physical faults could be ironed out crossing with a whippet, if any blood can do that, it will be from a running dog.

Funny you say that,I know a fox terrier that apparently done well at crufts and it's incredibly fast,it used to play with my lurcher and there wasn't much between the two.

• Like 1

I had foxterriers for 12 years the first two were great hunters that would do their best on any game whether it was pigs or rabbits or foxes in the blackberry or catching feral goats they were very handy dogs.

Should make handy little mooching dogs .most of the time the running dog blood does iron out faults

Looking a the back in one of the pics it looks like their show bred fox terriers,add in whippet and I think they'll be bit fragile for a lot of ground.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they'd be great.I'm going to breed my parsons with my 3/4 whippet 1/4 stag for rats,rabbits and foxes.If have a big litter the pig hunters will buy the others as they reckon their great on pigs in blackberry and thick stuff.

Gday Aussie Whip,

When do you think you will be breeding the above. That's exactly the mix I am looking for. I am in your neck of the woods too.

cheers

Rattes

• Like 1

Hybrid vigour will often make up for what the initial parents lack,Beddy infused lurchers are testament to that.The fox terrier is a vocal type,as is the Whippet when pressed beyond its comfort zone.A combination of the two,plus hybrid vigour,should make for a more than useful bushing companion.

• Like 1