Online Pre-Payments ?

Guest vin

Do any of you chaps out there take online payments or have one of those mobile credit card machines to take payments for services rendered ?

If so what system do any of you recommend..?

Is it all cash in hand ?

Some folk just wont pay cash these days.

Do any of you chaps out there take online payments or have one of those mobile credit card machines to take payments for services rendered ?

Is it all cash in hand ?

Yes, my business associate at http://www.hampshire-waspcontrol.co.uk does this all the time,...he rates the system most highly....

I only operate in hard cash,...and prefer, gold rings/teeth, bracelets, trinkets, etc,...but then,.. I am very, very,.old... :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 8

Is it all cash in hand ?

,cash mate or bank transfer on line ,,dead easy,,,,trina has a card reader, for when she stands her market stall at events,,,i thnk that is extreamly good envestment,,,folk can impulse buy,,,,but thats a bit difrent on a stall,,,,,

I have to accept BACS (online banking payments) on the chimney sweeping. In my experience you have to be careful because customers tend to forget about it, or emailed invoices go straight to their junk folder and then you have to waste time chasing up the bill. It seems that many pay for everything on a card now. It is of course normally the people that obviously have plenty of money that don't have £45 cash in the house. When they book, I ask them to have cash to pay with.

I asked somewhere about this as well. Do you need decent wifi or internet to make the transaction?? I do a lot of work out in the sticks where theres little or no chance of internet. Theorhetically they seem perfect little items for getting paid.

The iZettle app on your phone works via your 3G or 4G connection. You just need a decent phone signal. The app connects to your card machine via Bluetooth, put the amount in, put card into machine (or contact-less but I have one of the very old machines), hey presto.

With this lot there is no monthly charge, but they do charge 2.75% per transaction.

Did a flea job sat, customer says Landlord is paying.

I say I need payment from landlord before I start treatment.

Customer rings landlord , landlord pays over the phone by card on my mobile machine JOB DONE

• Like 2