Funny Thing Happen Ferreting

We have all had some funny things happen out ferreting.

Heres one. Out with my mate Bry doing a horse paddock, he's on the horses side i'm in a farmers field. Its about 100 yards of hedge trouble is its all one burrow, theres about 12 rabbits in this section. Long net my side Bry tilled purse nets on every hole, now his side has one of those braided electric fences about fifty yard up the hedge dividing the field. Three Ferrets in one each ends and one in the middle, there all bolting Brys side. He has to jump over the electric fence as one bolts up the hedge and again as one bolts down the hedge with a holler as he gets a belt, of course I'm laughing with plenty of comments from him. Loads of action his side then lot of hollering, i climb up hedge to see what happening. A rabbit has bolted and some how its all pursed up and hanging on the top wire braid of the electric fence and he is trying to untangle the rabbit and net from the fence getting belt after belt. I nearly fell of the hedge laughing.

Got any funny things that happened.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

This was shooting not ferreting...

I got into a good spot along a hedge row to pick off rabbits, pigeons and crows. Wearing my camo gear, gloves and face mask.

Must have been last april/may time. As i lay there under some over hanging trees

Having shot a couple of rabbits and a pigeon.

A badger just strolls past me, i could have touched it, bloody thing scared the crap out of me. And the smell of it, like old fish...

Fell over a few times getting to rabbits in the nets... most embarrassing one was when a couple of the stable girls came over to see what we were doing.

We're there breathing in, acting macho and chatting.

Rabbit bolts, i run to the hole, i go arse over tit down the inbankment

FF

• Like 2