Badger Hunting With Bushing/tracking Types

I'm not suggesting anything illegal! LOL LOL

Just thought this Scandinavian style of badger hunting was quite cool and would be naturally suited to the bushing types.

If it were legal I could be quite tempted to kennel a dog, in part, for a bit of this action.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I like how he said that we pay civil servants millions to carry out the badger cull when their are no doubt better qualified people and people with better understanding of the countryside who would control badgers free of charge if it was legal.

What a strange country this is.

I agree it looks great fun. If only it was legal. Lol.

• Like 1

I thought so.

He's wrong about the civil servants though. The cull is carried out annually by private contractors and paid for by the landowners.

I'm a big proponent of hunters doing the job of wildlife management. I thought that method of dog work in addition to looking like good fun also looked very clean compared with other 'methods'. Important in today's political climate.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

I thought so.

He's wrong about the civil servants though. The cull is carried out annually by private contractors and paid for by the landowners.

I didn't realise it was paid for by the land owners.

So the government bring a law in to protect badgers. Then when the numbers get out of control they bring in a controlled badger cull at the expense of the land owner. Wow.

I thought so.

I didn't realise it was paid for by the land owners.

So the government bring a law in to protect badgers. Then when the numbers get out of control they bring in a controlled badger cull at the expense of the land owner. Wow.

Basically yeh. The cull zones are being slowly increased every year. Hopefully this is a political transition period, acclimatising the country to eventually having more sensible laws on badger management.

Not that we'll be chasing them with dogs anytime soon! LOL

• Like 1

Random ,

But not long ago there was a phone in on the Jeremy vine show about a village I think up in Lincolnshire that is literally being destroyed by badgers ....the local mp was wanting serious from the govt to sort it out

This country ......

Random ,

But not long ago there was a phone in on the Jeremy vine show about a village I think up in Lincolnshire that is literally being destroyed by badgers ....the local mp was wanting serious from the govt to sort it out

This country ......

Is that the one where they spent £300000 on a badger sett?