Passing Dogs On

I took a young lurcher bitch on last summer, for a lad who had no kennel space and wasn't really looking after her. And after spending ages bonding and training with her I unfortunately came to the realisation that come the rearing season I wont have time for her. Luckily I found a lad who was keen to give her a go. He came to collect her this morning and I had a hell of a job keeping back the tears as I loaded her into his truck!

The point i'm getting at is how can so many so called 'dog lads' keep a never ending supply of adult dogs for sale!

I admit to being a softy with the dogs but it makes me wonder whats wrong with the lads who sell them like second hand cars.

• Like 5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Believe me mate, I'd have to lie to get shot of mine. LolUnfortunately, when a mutt comes through my door it ain't going nowhere..... I'll find summat it can do, even if it's just stopping the neighbo

I'm with the majority on this one...   I bring pups in & would never move them on unless I was physically unable to take care of them.. which so far has never happened, touch wood.   If the do

As long as im happy with my dog i dont care what other folk think about them and as my wife says once we get a dog its here for life

just take a look on FB,dozens of ''TOP CLASS dogs doing the biz'',one bloke ive seen has had 5 different dogs in the last 2 months for sale..ive a dog here thats a tryer but isnt reaching the heights id hoped for ,now im either going to plough away with him or PTS next season,unless I find a gem of a home for him...its a tough thing to have to decide but id never forgive myself if he ended up being sold on numerous times

• Like 5

To many lads want to buy a gold plated ready made grafter thereby avoiding rearing, training, bringing on and entering a animal , either they are not capable to do the above or they assume someone is going to sell in a pound shop price a top class dog. Most of the folk buying are buying internet wonder dogs or litters from a one season dog that catches everything on paper and pedigree but in reality is a cash cow .and probably would never make a medium grade dog even in a dogmans care. It seems to be a throw away game now, buy a dog work it for a fortnight bull it up to f**k on f/b and punt it to the never ending line of gullible folk.. Saw an add for a dog the other day it was only being sold because the kids had got fed up of it and lost interest. Yes plenty of dogs dont achieve the desired levels but putting them onto the never ending conveyor belt doesnt solve f**k all better to PTS as a new home every couple of weeks is not the way any animal should be treated,

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

I'm with the majority on this one...

I bring pups in & would never move them on unless I was physically unable to take care of them.. which so far has never happened, touch wood.

If the dog isn't up to a certain job I would never sell them on because of this. I keep them and use them to there strengths.

I openly admit to being a big softy when it comes to the dogs I kennel, I'd never forgive myself if I sold a dog and it ended up on the merry go round, going from home to home. As DB said this is no life for any animal.

Once here there here for life good or bad...

• Like 9