Ferret Advice Please

Need advice please. Picked up some ferrets two days ago, a castrated hob and two sisters (have both had jill jab.) The sisters had been together and introduced to the hob a few days prior to our collection. One of the jills seems to be bullying the hob. Not letting him into the sleeping quarters, nipping at him. They do eat together and sleep together but sometimes he waits for her to fall asleep before joining them. He is generally submissive to her. I dont know whether or not to return the jill in question or give them more time.

More time is needed they will settle I would imagine. When I got a new one in once all hell broke lose but now they are great together. I did separate for a few days and swap hutches around every day which helped as the new one was getting a right hiding but all is great now

They will settle down mate there just sorting out there rank in the group if he was complete he would just grab her and have his way with her but as hes no interest in that they will walk over him

• Like 1

She is doing the complete opposite than what you think. She is taking ownership of him. That is what the nipping is about as she is always in competition with the other female. As for not letting him into the sleeping quarters, she might be going through a ghost pregnancy as he has got the squish, therefore she is going through all the symptoms of expecting a brood and making private space for herself where males are concerned. It certainly is the exact time of year for a jill to be going through these motions.

But honestly, have you ever seen a male vasectomised or not throwing a nutter? If he wanted to be in those sleeping quarters honestly, he would let his presence be known. What age is he, he sounds like last years, as he just has not matured enough to have the dutch courage which will come regardless of the squish.

As for returning the jill.............jayzuz lad...........don't do that. This is just the first chapter of your ferret experiences with plenty more to come. You might see some of my earlier posts about a demon jill I had which locked onto me every time I put my hand near her. She is now like a kitten and the one I would think of least of giving me a nip. But her earlier bites weren't nips, frig she could near have removed the top of my finger! Now she is absolutely first class and I am expecting a litter of her so really looking forward to seeing the outcome as I put a big polecat hob over her. Maybe I might get a few silvers!

Plenty more chapters to come for ya.

leave them mate they will get on , i had a jill once that did this , she used to nip the hob and drag him into the sleeping compartment . In fact she never stopped doing it , it was like he was one off her kits and she was looking after him .