Evolution V God.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why people can't agree to disagree ,I can't for the life of me see the need for either side to prove the other wrong ,let people believe what they choose and we would all be a bit happier

Do you want to go down a rabbit hole mate lol The reasons are for another topic? Enjoying this one myself, no shitetalk, nice an civil.   Thanks mate, im just repeating what i read?

The fear of "HELL" must have been a great stick to control the hordes when they would not do as they were told. and "HEAVEN" was a cracker of a carrot to get them to do what they were told, win, win,

Posted Images

Why do they have to different can't evolution and God be all the same thing... When you plant a forest you don't plant fully grown trees do you?

Because the whole creation of mankind would be different.
Why?

So are and have we allways been brainwashed ?

Brainwashed to what?........if we want to talk brainwashed let's talk about the millions of idiots who are going to waste 20 minutes of their life voting in the general election in the hope things will get better despite having the proof it won't rammed in their face their whole life !

Was religion and idea to keep everyone under control.

Was the theory of evoulution another way to make up something for us to believe.

And yes the politics argument keeps everyone brainwashed.

Brainwashed to what?........if we want to talk brainwashed let's talk about the millions of idiots who are going to waste 20 minutes of their life voting in the general election in the hope things will get better despite having the proof it won't rammed in their face their whole life !

Was the theory of evoulution another way to make up something for us to believe.

Mate, I don't know about any of that......what I know for a fact is that a f***ing giant oak tree comes out of a peanut size acorn, all of the information to create that giant life form is in that one little nut.

I just don't beleive that happens by pure chance in so many myriad species.

But, what other beleive is up to them.

• Like 1

, evolution is proven beyond all reasonable doubt, where as god is just a story from a long long long time ago, not one scrap of credible evidence whatsoever of his existence, yet plenty to suggest there is no such thing whatsoever, God is as about real as the Democracy that we currently live in,, neither actually exists nor did it ever exist, although both have a lot in common, both are myths that are easier too live with than facing the truth

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 2

Mate, I don't know about any of that......what I know for a fact is that a f***ing giant oak tree comes out of a peanut size acorn, all of the information to create that giant life form is in that one little nut.

I just don't beleive that happens by pure chance in so many myriad species.

But, what other beleive is up to them.

It's a total minefield wilf and can be debated for eternity.

Best leave that type of stuff in the back of the mind I think.

• Like 1

Wilf is 100% correct, evolution is proven beyond all reasonable doubt, where as god is just a story from a long long long time ago, not one scrap of credible evidence whatsoever of his existence, yet plenty to suggest there is no such thing whatsoever, God is as about real as the Democracy that we currently live in,, neither actually exists nor did it ever exist, although both have a lot in common, both are myths that are easier too live with than facing the truth

I thought I said the opposite of that ! Lol

• Like 1

religion is a way the minority (clever ones) can control the majority (not so clever ones), politics is religion for a new world, minority maintain control over the majority, where as once you where threatened with the wrath of god for disagreeing (earthquakes, naturally occurring famine, poor crops, even thunder) now if you don't toe the line you get chucked in jail or killed, lol

like most things in life they start out with all good intentions, and its the way the more enlightened help and nurture the less fortunate, which in theory is all well and good right up until somebody gets greedy or thinks their share of the spoils is just not enough for the work they put in, then what follows is the twisting, distortion, corruption and chaos, who then suffers?

we likely move onto a third age where religion and politics are less important, maybe by then we wont have any freedom left

• Like 2

Wilf is 100% correct, evolution is proven beyond all reasonable doubt, where as god is just a story from a long long long time ago, not one scrap of credible evidence whatsoever of his existence, yet plenty to suggest there is no such thing whatsoever, God is as about real as the Democracy that we currently live in,, neither actually exists nor did it ever exist, although both have a lot in common, both are myths that are easier too live with than facing the truth

Haha...

my bad misread it lol serves me for not reading first page etc. I meant regarding wasting our time voting not evolution, are you a god man Wilf? take aside the main arguments religion v evolution, whatever it is be it circumstance or something greater, its hard not too feel something made this place so wonderful, like you say about the acorns, their is so much wonder and beauty, shame we stuck in a vicious circle of not knowing the truth, needing too cling to the hope things will improve, being lied too, , cant see us making any progress whilst there so many unsolved issues, cant agree on nothing in such an enlightened age

Edited by arcticgun

religion is a way the minority (clever ones) can control the majority (not so clever ones), politics is religion for a new world, minority maintain control over the majority, where as once you where threatened with the wrath of god for disagreeing (earthquakes, naturally occurring famine, poor crops, even thunder) now if you don't toe the line you get chucked in jail or killed, lol

like most things in life they start out with all good intentions, and its the way the more enlightened help and nurture the less fortunate, which in theory is all well and good right up until somebody gets greedy or thinks their share of the spoils is just not enough for the work they put in, then what follows is the twisting, distortion, corruption and chaos, who then suffers?

we likely move onto a third age where religion and politics are less important, maybe by then we wont have any freedom left

Read Buddhists' teachers interpretations of the bible and Koran,imo it's all philosophy at heart.

But then people who can't grasp the metaphysical reduced it to dogmatic religion.

• Like 1

to be fair its in neither parties interest too prove the other wrong, and I do concede it must be lovely too have genuine faith in whatever it maybe, better that than uncertainty I guess?

my personal thoughts are that the strong rule the weak whichever way they can, its truly amazing that so few can control so many regardless of the methods used to gain said control,,

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1