Evolution V God.

Creationists (believers in God US style) dispute known facts concerning the formation of the earth and fossils suggesting it all took just 7 days.

Natural selection has the undoubted benefit of conforming with discovered facts.

Whatever anyone needs God for its not that he created the world in 7 days.

Perhaps we all need a big brother sometimes ?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why people can't agree to disagree ,I can't for the life of me see the need for either side to prove the other wrong ,let people believe what they choose and we would all be a bit happier

Do you want to go down a rabbit hole mate lol The reasons are for another topic? Enjoying this one myself, no shitetalk, nice an civil.   Thanks mate, im just repeating what i read?

The fear of "HELL" must have been a great stick to control the hordes when they would not do as they were told. and "HEAVEN" was a cracker of a carrot to get them to do what they were told, win, win,

Posted Images

People that suffer are in Gods hands mate, our bodies are are temporary vessels, our soul an spirit beongs with the lord eternally in his presence.

But in saying that the lord already thought of this, he has provided our food an medicine in the natural habitat, if only the knowledge wasnt suppressed.

This is the part I have major issues with .As a school kid I had an enquiring mind as most did and I remember asking our RE teacher the same question about suffering and she gave exact same quote .I'm guessing that's a quote from the book or near as .

It doesn't add up that a creator would allow suffering of any sort on the scale it happens.

The talk of heaven and hell was one that could never be justified to my way of thinking .

It was a clever scribe that told us our soul ascends up to heaven to be with our creator as no one can verify or disprove it but a logical mind says this doesn't happen ,one life, live it .

Evolution has given us the power of mind to overthink too deeply what is actually happening

I beleive only that we are born ,we live we die and our bodies return to the earth, anything beyond that dies with us. Religion is a dying belief in this country for a reason ,we no longer wish to be brain washed by those whose only agenda is to oppress and control the way we think as the church has done for millenia . No heaven, no hell ,just the here and now ,make the most of it.

Thanks for your honesty mate, its good to hear other side, i know what your saying about people being sick an you expect God to intervene, its hard to explain because the emotional side, as i said before i understand completley peoplrs feelings, i watched me ma suffer for thirty years, but still have my faith, an so did my mum, so i guess i dont hold God responsible but it looks like you do, but i understand completley mate.
How can I hold any god responsible when I believe there is no such thing ,lol.Natural selection mate ,no more no less .

Not been funny mate but have you actually seen natural selectiin, it selects mate it doesnt create lok

Never mentioned a creator mate as I don't believe there was one and natural selection is happening all around us and does create , just some see as works of something devine .Anything naturally selected to survive perpetrates itself therefore moving evolution forward .

Creationists (believers in God US style) dispute known facts concerning the formation of the earth and fossils suggesting it all took just 7 days.

Natural selection has the undoubted benefit of conforming with discovered facts.

Whatever anyone needs God for its not that he created the world in 7 days.

Perhaps we all need a big brother sometimes ?

Could you tell me about these known facts, that creationist dispute?

People that suffer are in Gods hands mate, our bodies are are temporary vessels, our soul an spirit beongs with the lord eternally in his presence.

But in saying that the lord already thought of this, he has provided our food an medicine in the natural habitat, if only the knowledge wasnt suppressed.

This is the part I have major issues with .As a school kid I had an enquiring mind as most did and I remember asking our RE teacher the same question about suffering and she gave exact same quote .I'm guessing that's a quote from the book or near as .

It doesn't add up that a creator would allow suffering of any sort on the scale it happens.

The talk of heaven and hell was one that could never be justified to my way of thinking .

It was a clever scribe that told us our soul ascends up to heaven to be with our creator as no one can verify or disprove it but a logical mind says this doesn't happen ,one life, live it .

Evolution has given us the power of mind to overthink too deeply what is actually happening

I beleive only that we are born ,we live we die and our bodies return to the earth, anything beyond that dies with us. Religion is a dying belief in this country for a reason ,we no longer wish to be brain washed by those whose only agenda is to oppress and control the way we think as the church has done for millenia . No heaven, no hell ,just the here and now ,make the most of it.

Thanks for your honesty mate, its good to hear other side, i know what your saying about people being sick an you expect God to intervene, its hard to explain because the emotional side, as i said before i understand completley peoplrs feelings, i watched me ma suffer for thirty years, but still have my faith, an so did my mum, so i guess i dont hold God responsible but it looks like you do, but i understand completley mate.
How can I hold any god responsible when I believe there is no such thing ,lol.Natural selection mate ,no more no less .
Not been funny mate but have you actually seen natural selectiin, it selects mate it doesnt create lok
Never mentioned a creator mate as I don't believe there was one and natural selection is happening all around us and does create , just some see as works of something devine .Anything naturally selected to survive perpetrates itself therefore moving evolution forward .

Im not saying natural selection isnt true, cause it is obviously, but whats that got to do with evoloution?

Could you define evoloution cause theres lots of meanings to it?

Im talking molucules to man, what are you talking?

Coal is a black or brownish-black sedimentary rock that can be burned for fuel and used to generate electricity. It is composed mostly of carbon and hydrocarbons, which contain energy that can be released through combustion (burning).

Coal is the largest source of energy for generating electricity in the world, and the most abundant fossil fuel in the United States.

Fossil fuels are formed from the remains of ancient organisms. Because coal takes millions of years to develop and there is a limited amount of it, it is a nonrenewable resource.

The conditions that would eventually create coal began to develop about 300 million years ago, during the Carboniferous period. During this time, the Earth was covered in wide, shallow seas and dense forests. The seas occasionally flooded the forested areas, trapping plants and algae at the bottom of a swampy wetland. Over time, the plants (mostly mosses) and algae were buried and compressed under the weight of overlying mud and vegetation.

As the plant debris sifted deeper under Earths surface, it encountered increased temperatures and higher pressure. Mud and acidic water prevented the plant matter from coming into contact with oxygen. Due to this, the plant matter decomposed at a very slow rate and retained most of its carbon (source of energy).

These areas of buried plant matter are called peat bogs. Peat bogs store massive amounts of carbon many meters underground. Peat itself can be burned for fuel, and is a major source of heat energy in countries such as Scotland, Ireland, and Russia.

Under the right conditions, peat transforms into coal through a process called carbonization. Carbonization takes place under incredible heat and pressure. About 3 meters (10 feet) of layered vegetation eventually compresses into a third of a meter (1 foot) of coal!

Coal exists in underground formations called coal seams or coal beds. A coal seam can be as thick as 30 meters (90 feet) and stretch 1,500 kilometers (920 miles).

Coal seams exist on every continent. The largest coal reserves are in the United States, Russia, China, Australia, and India.

In the United States, coal is mined in 25 states and three major regions. In the Western Coal Region, Wyoming is the top producerabout 40% of the coal mined in the country is extracted in the state. More than one-third of the nations coal comes from the Appalachian Coal Region, which includes West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Coal extracted from Texas in the Interior Coal Region supplies mostly local markets.

Types of Coal

Coal is very different from mineral rocks, which are made of inorganic material. Coal is made of fragile plant matter, and undergoes many changes before it becomes the familiar black and shiny substance burned as fuel.

Coal goes through different phases of carbonization over millions of years, and can be found at all stages of development in different parts of the world.

Coal is ranked according to how much it has changed over time. Hilt's Law states that the deeper the coal seam, the higher its rank. At deeper depths, the material encounters greater temperatures and pressure, and more plant debris is transformed into carbon.

Were did you copy an paste that from hehe.

Actually coal can be formed relativley quickly mate.

how that fra what about oak stumps under 6 an 7 foot of peat bog that cant happen overnight

Why not lol

Dunno larry mate, i dont think its a comet lad, cause they burn out to quickly, someone else might know.

Il check it out lad.

Maybe you're thinking of meteors, they can break up pretty quickly if they enter the earth atmosphere Edited by daveee88

Dunno larry mate, i dont think its a comet lad, cause they burn out to quickly, someone else might know.

Il check it out lad.

Maybe you're thinking of meteors, they can break up pretty quickly if they enter the earth atmosphere

Thanks for the correction lad.

To Francie what about all the early human species that have died out, so you think Adam & Eve were the first of God's creation, what about the Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis.......

Don't start talking to Francie about homos ffs
  • Like 1

Im not saying natural selection isnt true, cause it is obviously, but whats that got to do with evoloution?

Could you define evoloution cause theres lots of meanings to it?

Im talking molucules to man, what are you talking?

It's now dawned on me why we have zero in commen mate .

I have no interest in concerning myself with where we came from as really dosnt concern me .Our time here is so brief as to not warrant time spent dwelling on may or may not have come to pass .I can see evolution happening on a daily basis and to me ,without having to think too hard it's been the way from the beginning .

From what ive researched they were humans, neanderthal were human, but this is the part i dont get, they were bigger stronger, an had bigger brains.

How can that be if we evolved?

The two homos lol

Well there two apes mate.

Maybe someone with more info could inform us.