I've just seen the pics...I'll get up off the floor in a minute or two....You know those car restoration shows like Overhaulin' and Car SOS where they turn one car of a certain condition into a stunningly beautiful restoration...Well...It's a bit like that ! :cray::blink::boogy:

How the bloody Hell did I have the nerve to do this in the first place.....??? :angel:

• Like 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wiped the excess oil off her lads   not as much shine on her now   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

Here you go lads   ill get some better pics up tomorrow lads   as the flash on this camera is shit lol   and as if by magic one stunning TIGER STRIPE WALNUT STOCK   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

SIMON IT ARRIVED AT 12,55 MATE   SHE DOSE NEED A LITTLE SMOOTHING OUT ON THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE BUT NOT MUCH   STARTED TO RUB HER OVER WITH THE WIRE WOOL AND GAVE HER A BATH ALL READY BRO   ILL

Posted Images

I've just seen the pics...I'll get up off the floor in a minute or two....You know those car restoration shows like Overhaulin' and Car SOS where they turn one car of a certain condition into a stunningly beautiful restoration...Well...It's a bit like that ! :cray::blink::boogy:

How the bloody Hell did I have the nerve to do this in the first place.....??? :angel:

Easy i told you to do it :yes:

and i told you if you did out wrong id put it right did i not

well you did nothing wrong and iv just finished it off for you

you did a cracking job on her bro a cracking job

just go,s to show what you can do when you put your mind to it

YES I MAY MAKE IT LOOK EASY SIMON BUT SO DO YOU WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR PAINTINGS

BUT THEN AGAIN I WOULD NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO DO ONE OF YOUR PAINTINGS NO WAY LOL :laugh:

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Air Arms :bye:

Have a read of this thread, - your rifles are highly respected, BUT YOUR NOT :nono: with this !

Your customers having to " have the balls" to do this, to a brand new, walnut stock, Pro Sport, to finally " take it upon themselves and make their own left handed, Pro Sport stock "

Shame on you ! :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

• Like 2

Looking lovely is that Jimmy. Now as a numpty at this sort of thing, I have no experience BUT I would have thought it was easier to carry out the engraving before the oil treatment because won't the cutter go below the oil depth leaving untreated wood and the need to oil again or have I thought it through wrong.

Phil

It'll be a very fine line-drawn cut in the engraving work Phil, in keeping with the rest of the engraved designs around the chequering panels . There will be no need to cut away any wood to raise the design in high relief. And the stock will need a hand-rubbed re-oiling once a month so that will take care of the untreated wood. Don't forget a lot of custom gunstock engraving is applied to customers gunstocks that have been already oil finished. It may need a dark stain infusion to bring out the engraved work and then an oil rubbed in. but that's about it really.

Air Arms :bye:

Have a read of this thread, - your rifles are highly respected, BUT YOUR NOT :nono: with this !

Your customers having to " have the balls" to do this, to a brand new, walnut stock, Pro Sport, to finally " take it upon themselves and make their own left handed, Pro Sport stock "

Shame on you ! :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface:

Well said Mark. :thumbs:

:hmm: I've really begun to think, it's actually not a bad idea of yours, stated earlier on the original thread to this project that, perhaps, I really ought to write to the Airgun Press, Terry Doe and Co and show em these photographs and write an article on how to reshape and modify the Pro Sport stock for a left hand shooter to comfortably use, with Jimmy's help in oiling and finishing. Plus how easy it is to load the rifle through its right-handed port, once you get the knack of it. :hmm:

I wonder how it will be received by the left hand shooting fraternity who, like me, have felt unfairly discriminated against by Air Arms in refusing to produce this rifle for us left-handers? There must be other left-handed shooters who'd love to own this rifle as much as me?

I wonder.. What do other left-handers here think? :hmm:

If Air Arms true intention is to keep sales of Left handed TX200 rifles upwardly healthy, by keeping the Pro Sport strictly out of the left hand market, they are still, greatly losing out in lost sales revenues to rivals like Weihrauch who will happily provide you with a left handed or ambidextrous version of their rifles.

Minelli now say they are strictly governed by their client's control. So if Air Arms say no to left handed Pro Sport gunstocks, that's not in Minelli's interests to argue.

I've never come across a British company in these uncertain times, who stubbornly refuses to cater for a clear overall market demand for their flagship product.

It's utter bloody madness!

• Like 2

It may not be what you want to do BUT the two big forums would also be the places to let it be known what lengths you have had to resort to in order to get the gun that Air Arms should be able to offer even if that means a price hike.

Have you posted any comments on the AA users forum /club as that also will get back to them.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

It may not be what you want to do BUT the two big forums would also be the places to let it be known what lengths you have had to resort to in order to get the gun that Air Arms should be able to offer even if that means a price hike.

Have you posted any comments on the AA users forum /club as that also will get back to them.

Phil

:icon_eek: IV JUST RETIRED :laugh::whistling:

Well all the oil has sunk in and she is stunning she is going home tomorrow but im going to give her another fine coat of oil to night the tiger stripes are a lot darker than the pics show lads

makes me wish i was a lefty now lol

cant wait until she is back in her action so i can get a good look at her back together

Simon take the butt pad off the beech stock mate and fit it to this it should fit if not it will only need a little trim

with a grinding wheel you may have to drill two new holes for the pad to fasten onto the stock

or you can leave it until i come down and ill sort it for you lol(you can breath now) lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-03516900-1493323601.jpg

post-63400-0-43023700-1493323611.jpg

post-63400-0-05863600-1493323621.jpg

post-63400-0-48229400-1493323635.jpg

post-63400-0-85347800-1493323644.jpg

post-63400-0-13199700-1493323655.jpg

post-63400-0-39108700-1493323667.jpg

post-63400-0-88763600-1493323682.jpg

post-63400-0-02790300-1493323694.jpg

post-63400-0-17179400-1493323708.jpg

• Like 1

Those pics aren't going to this stock justice Jimmy. :no:...

But it's looking fabulous. :yes:

I'll hold off on the butt-pad for now mate. The balance of this rifle is spot on with a scope on board and adding a hefty metal-backed pad might tip it slightly. It's already lost a few ounces of wood as it is. The thing now is to get it back together with the metalwork and see how it all comes together in my left hand and at my shoulder, downrange on the targets. Then out to the rabbits and pigeons,,,,

I can't thank you enough my dear friend.

I'll get Helen on the case with pics when the rifle's all back together :thumbs:

The very best mate.

Simon

• Like 1

Cracking job on that and also showed some balls to even think about attempting it let alone letting us all know what you were going to do in case it went tits up !!

As a lefty i'd definitely say try to get it out there on forums and magazines, if not to give AA a push but to maybe find Mac something to do in his retirement :angel:

• Like 2