SIMON IT ARRIVED AT 12,55 MATE

SHE DOSE NEED A LITTLE SMOOTHING OUT ON THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE BUT NOT MUCH

STARTED TO RUB HER OVER WITH THE WIRE WOOL AND GAVE HER A BATH ALL READY BRO

ILL GET HER FINISHED WHEN I GET BACK FROM WORK MATE AND YOU SHOULD HAVE HER BACK IN A DAY OR TWO

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-29166800-1493209873.jpg

post-63400-0-76835000-1493209885.jpg

post-63400-0-22722400-1493209898.jpg

post-63400-0-19367000-1493209916.jpg

post-63400-0-86815500-1493209927.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wiped the excess oil off her lads   not as much shine on her now   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

Here you go lads   ill get some better pics up tomorrow lads   as the flash on this camera is shit lol   and as if by magic one stunning TIGER STRIPE WALNUT STOCK   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

SIMON IT ARRIVED AT 12,55 MATE   SHE DOSE NEED A LITTLE SMOOTHING OUT ON THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE BUT NOT MUCH   STARTED TO RUB HER OVER WITH THE WIRE WOOL AND GAVE HER A BATH ALL READY BRO   ILL

Posted Images

BRILLIANT Thank you so much for this Jimmy. Treat it as your own stock and do whatever you feel is needed to finish it. That pointed "flash" into the chequering, by the way, was where the flow-line from the cheek-piece ran into the grip. It had to come out as it still was enough to push against my hand. That bulge along the top of the comb height, I don't know how that came in but, that was where the roll-over was and had to be removed and reduce the height a little to make a comfortable cheek rest for scope height, the other way as it were. :hmm:

This is what had to be done to the stock overall as a minimum necessary to get it to fit me.

I hope I haven't left you with too much to do but, it really needs your expertise to finish this one off. You'll find it is a bit different in dimensions and proportions to the early model Beech stock you converted for me. The grip on this walnut stock is chunkier, a bit fatter. And the butt-stock seems a bit larger, a bit deeper. Heavier overall than the beech stock.

Well anyway. Cheers dear pal.

(Some fellas are happy just to have a toy boat in their bath! :laugh:)

Meantime, I've had a delivery of diamond fine cutting burrs for a Dremmel, to start practicing stock engraving and finish off the lost Acanthus leaf and scroll work... Might be a profitable little sideline here! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

All the best Jimmy and take your time pal. Thanks bro.

Simon

• Like 4

Thank you Tom. The plan I have in mind, is to follow-through the lost engraved line that runs along the outside of the chequer panel from the top of it, continue it downwards along the curved back of the panel and follow it into the pointed flash I had to cut and then, down to form into the missing Acanthus leaf and scroll work that will appear to rise and flow from the bottom right corner of the chequer panel and join it neatly with the remaining leaf and scroll..

I'll make some drawings to finalise my plan and to work it all from. Basically, I'll use the good scrollworks on the opposite right chequering as a reverse template and guide.

If I get it right, the thing will look really fine, sweet and professionally finished. :thumbs:

But nothing doing on the stock, till I know how to use and work all this kit like I know how to use a pencil. :yes:

That stock engraving sounds good, can't wait to see that.

• Like 2

For now though, I'm just really gratefull to Jimmy and his fantastic help in making it possible to finally own a Pro Sport of my own.

A bloody shame Air Arms doesn't seem to have quite the same "Can do" spirit as this. :no: :no: :no:

• Like 1

Right lads im doing this one for a very dear friend of mine who him self has done most of the work on the stock him self

and i must sy after looking it over to day HAS DONE A TOP CLASS JOB ON IT EVEN IF I SAY SO MY SELF

All iv had to do is smooth it off and get rid of the oil in it so the new can be applied

not a lot of work involved at all

she had her second bath a few hours ago and is now ready to be oiled

all the old oil has now been removed along with the dust off sanding and is all one color now

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-22522000-1493235569.jpg

post-63400-0-01121900-1493235584.jpg

post-63400-0-32067800-1493235601.jpg

post-63400-0-55455300-1493235619.jpg

post-63400-0-51069300-1493235634.jpg

post-63400-0-65185200-1493235650.jpg

post-63400-0-27118300-1493235668.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you so much indeed Mark. Very kind of you sir. :thumbs:

A lot of careful work, hard graft and few scares I don't mind telling you. But well worth it for the outcome. Jimmy's going to finish it with Tung Oil. It's his recommendation and I won't argue with a man who knows his stuff like Jimmy does! :icon_eek:

When it's all finished and oiled and finally engraved it's going to be lovely. Really lovely.

My own, left handed Air Arms Pro Sport. 'Never thought I'd ever be able to say that.

Fantastic rifle. Been test shooting and running in on my 35 metre range. :icon_eek:

All the best Mark.

Simon

• Like 2

Is that engraveing par , for the course on them or is that your work Simon

That's all standard for the rifle David. The pointed flash into the chequering on the pistol grip is my own device. I had to cut that in to hide and remove the last bulge of the raised line that flows from the cheek-piece into the grip.

That is all going to be engraved with a new line following the curve down, into the point of the flash and back out down to form the new Acanthus leaf scrolls that will match (I hope) and blend with the scroll filligree work at the lower right of the grip chequering panel. I'm starting work on forming a new design that will make it uniquely my Pro Sport and matches the factory standard scroll work.

Easily the nicest looking stock on a production air rifle I think I've ever seen. I just love it to death.

ATB.

Simon

Simon

• Like 1

Simon sent you a pm mate i want you to see her first before i put this stunning beauty

on hear for the lads to see

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS ERR DOSE ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A PRO SPORT ACTION FOR MY NEW WALNUT STOCK LADS :whistling:

• Like 1